Thread: Fathers Day + my wife = teh w1n!!!11!1!

Fathers Day + my wife = teh w1n!!!11!1!

Fathers Day was an absolute "Geek Fest" at my house this weekend... but I must brag, so please give me a moment!

My wife scored the following for me for this weekend:

A Swiftech MCP 355 pump
    20' of Primochill Red flex tubing
    20' ClearFlex tubing
    Pentosin blue
    D-Tek UV Blue water additive
    D-Tek UV Yellow water additive
    D-Tek Fuzion CPU Water block
    2 tubes of Arctic Silver Ceramique TIM
    TurtleBeach HPA2 headphones ... ftw!

She also let me buy my EK Multioption 200 reservoirs (2 of them)...

I took apart the Corsair Nautulis 500 that I had, and scored another MCP 350 pump and a few tube coils! The rad in that unit is aluminium... not good for an all copper setup...

I was also able to spend a ton of quality time out in the garage getting the feel for the UV dye, as well as spend several hours putting my test rig together in the Alienware chassis I scored reciently off of Woot!, and I think I am going to do a write up on that thing because there are some bitchen design decisions in that case that I think you would all be interested in!

So... AF/Tazz! I installed the OS last night (drive that I previously installed to did not make the move successfully) and the test box is online! I will now get to work on my review!!! YAY!!!!!!!

SHould have a place holder for another work log in a few days...

Here we go again!!! 8O

Master Modder

Congrats on the super score for Father's Day. Can't wait to see what you will be doing with the stuff. Happy Modding to ya. I received a years subscription to CPU magazine for my Father's Day gift. I really like reading CPU, I can read it several times over.

Congrats man...my wife wouldn't even know what any of that stuff is much less where to get it lol

Congrats man...my wife wouldn't even know what any of that stuff is much less where to get it lol
    Same with me, except it would be my mom. From what I can tell wives and moms hold a similar position as far modding goes: distantly wondering what in the heck their husband/son is doing, as well as what happened to their garage and storage spaces!

I'm happy for you that you got a heap of items, I can't wait to see what happens.

From what I can tell wives and moms hold a similar position as far modding goes: distantly wondering what in the heck their husband/son is doing, as well as what happened to their garage and storage spaces!
    Man your spot on with that one :-)

Tech, didn't you score big last year too or was that you B-Day? Either way your a lucky man and does she have a sinlge sister.

Dunno... she may AF! My wife was adopted!

As for what will become of this stuff... I'll drop a big ol' hint for all mah brothers and sistahs here on M-I...

gonna call it "Deuce" or "Deuce LC" or something like that.

2 will be the theme

2 cooling loops, 2 res's, 2 colors of water, dual core, 2 GB of RAM, 2 Hard drives, 2 - 7900GTX's in SLI, 2 rads... you get the idea...

And since I'm sticking with Deuce as the name, you can bet it will be another "hot rod" themed case.

I have this sick paint scheme in my head... hoping I can pull it off.

Going to be based on the Armor chassis, and likely I will be removing all of the front bay "panels, in favor of a solid metal mesh with some custom touches and acrylic accents.

I have this hairbrained idea that I might pick up some pinstriping brushes and start working on scrolls and accents after the chassis painting....

Internal will be chromed, nickel plated or something *very similar*, lots of reflection. I have a line on a company here in Garland that apparently does what I am looking for. I also have a company up in the Colony that provides a similar chrome service... we'll see who is interested in jumping on this bandwagon!

I sent her an email full of links, full of words like

"Stuff like this"

and

"If you want to, you need to buy *this* one..."

and

"Hopefully this helps to stimulate your brain on some ideas!"

Nickle plating is stronger then chrome plating as it tends to flake off if not done right. You can get a very good looking "chrome like" finish with nickel if they know what they are doing.

I keep hearing the KISS song....

"Baby, if you're feeling good
    And baby if you're feeling nice
    You know your man is workin' hard
    He's worth a deuce"

Thread Information