Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: i m to cut my 2mm Acrylic sheet, but the surface --

i m to cut my 2mm Acrylic sheet, but the surface --

dear,

thanking u for all for guiding me very well frm the core.

wht i m thinking is, my postes and ur's replys will guide many more.

i have to cut my 2mm Acrylic sheet. but wht i m seeing is, the surface of the sheet is looks ugly, after removing the sticker. with what, i can clean off these, to get a crystal clear glass look.

waiting to get guided by you

thanks n advance

shinu

After removing the protective film simple glass cleaner should get them clean.

What makes them look ugly? do they have a fog look to them or are they scratched, or have wave's in them?

I'm no expert on Acrylic but someone else here might want to know the same thing so they can give you the correct reply.

I'm having the same problem and was about to make a new thread, but this looks to be about the same as I said: I bought some plexi (or some sort of clear plastic) without the covers, and they were all dirty and scratched. I already got them un-dirtied with windex, but I'm wondering if you can buff that stuff to eliminated scratches. Does anybody have experience with resurfacing plexi? Mine is pretty thin, so yeah. Don't mean to impose questions upon questions, but it seemed to me to be both clarifying and on-topic.

dear brightshininglights,
    thanking u.
    well, wht my exact problem s, the gum of the stickers on both sides. its looks a little ugly. thats what i wanna make clear to get a clear glass effect on my modding case.

thanking u and all

Master Modder

I've used peanut butter to rub off the sticky glue used for stickers and the like. I've also used lighter fluid but never on plexy glass, so I would test it on a scrap piece before using lighter fluid. Happy Modding to ya.

And what about scratches? Is there any way to buff it?

1st off, do not use paper towels or any other wood fiber product to clean acrylic. You end up with super fine scratches.

A good, lint free, cotton diaper, detailing towel (not the coarse shop rags mind you), or something along those lines.

Novus cleaners....

Novus is the standard for plastic care(but if you can find a plastic polish, you should be ok as long as you are using a good, soft, lint free cotton towel. You should be able to remove the swirls and scratches assuming that htey are not too deep.

There are a couple of other vendors, I have some GE Lexan polish out in my garage, and works like a champ...

Ok thanks, that's what I was wondering.

I use airbrush thinner to remove the glue that remains after removing the paper from acrylic. Works fine and doesn't harm the acrylic either. Just don't use paper towels like tech-daddy said. I use a chamois cloth myself.

If you don't want to buy any plexi polish, try car wax, I use the liquid car cleaner wax myself .. if really bad scratches, you can sand with wet # 600 or #800, or so wet/dry sandpaper, then wax

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information