Thread: benchmarking

I always seem benchmarks on everything and I wanted to know, what is ood benchmarking software? Is there a good all round one (ie, ram, hd, ect), or does the quality of the programs out there generally vary between the type of benchmark you plan to run?

either way i'd love to hear some benchmarking apps you guys reccomend

Whoa that could ba a very long list, but I like the idea of staring a list.

I will start it off with Video Benchmarking

The Gamers' Benchmark 3DMark®06 is the worldwide standard in advanced 3D game performance benchmarking. A fundamental tool for every company in the PC industry as well as PC users and gamers, 3DMark06 uses advanced real-time 3D game workloads to measure PC performance using a suite of DirectX 9 3D graphics tests, CPU tests, and 3D feature tests.

Some still like to use 3dmark05 for testing.

HardwareOC makes some programs to bench some of your favorite games like Quake4, Doom3, Splinter Cell, Prey, and more.

Aquamark is an older program (2004 I think) but it based off of DX9, but I think does fallback to DX8-7. They don't update this one anymore, so you will have to find a place to DL it from.

Fraps is good for those games that do not have a built in benchmarking.

Run Ryder is a new that is suppose to be for DX10, but it is hard to find. I was able to get the info to DL by sending an request email to the company.

Most of the others we used are the games themseleves buy making our own command lines or using the one built into the games.

All around good benchmarking programs.

SiSoftware Sandra (the System ANalyser, Diagnostic and Reporting Assistant) is an information & diagnostic utility. It should provide most of the information (including undocumented) you need to know about your hardware, software and other devices whether hardware or software.

Industry leading system diagnostics and benchmarking solution for enthusiasts PC users, based on the award-winning EVEREST Technology. Exhaustive details of system information on 100 pages including CPU, FPU, disk and memory benchmarks, advanced hardware monitoring and diagnostics capabilities.

Rightmark makes a couple different good testing programs.

what about hardware? someone told me to check out PCMark05 for ram and harddrive stuff, I downloaded it and havne't taken to much time to get to know it yet but it doesn't look as advanced as I was initially hoping >.<

I have a Super list of most Benchmark Appz out there.

There is so musch stuff out there to use. You just have to find some that you like and use them the best you can. Testing the hardware can take hours when doing a review when done right. may different settings, programs, retesting, charting and so forth.

Thread Information