Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: a old gateway computer server compuer mod update!!!

a old gateway computer server compuer mod update!!!

this is my 1st work log so dont be so hard on me lol.But here goes i have a old gateway full tower computer server that i am trying to mod to be my computer case,because the mid tower case that i am using it getting a little to small for everything or everything i am trying to do to it.I am planning on putting the psu at the buttom of the case and putting the mobo at the top also i am thinking about putting the side door of plexiglass like i did my 2nd computer case mod called the beast the pics of it is in the modding gallery the whole side pannel is plexiglass that will beable to open like a door.I think i am going to try to hide everything as much as i can to get it a nice clean look.i have to make a new back pannel and mobo tray so that my mobo will fit the case.I am going to be puttin my current set up in the case.I am thinking about putting the floppy inside the case and you wont beable to see it,also i am thinking about putting the hdd in backwords to hide the wires.i have some pics but i havent uploaded them yet but i will soon.please let me what you think of my idea's and if you have anymore idea's i am listing to all of them since i have so much time on my hands and have the room in the case.this is going to take a while to do how i want it done because i was in a very bad car wreck and i cant work because i have two disk in my that is messed,so i have no money coming in,no money so getting parts lol but ill be gettin parts slowly tho but i am going to do what i can do for now

sorry if my spelling is a little off lol

ill upload the pics tomorrow because i forgot my usb cable at my moms

mad_mod_man

mad_mod sounds great now to see the images when you get them up.

ok i uploaded the pics.this is gonna take awhile to build but i got some pics i also got some pics on how i am planning how to do the back i hope yall like this mod here are the pics pics here

mad_mod_man

Welcome aboard on the work log, and good luck on the mod.
    Looks like you have some good ideas there.

thanks if yall have anymore ideas to help me out tell me

mad_mod_man

Master Modder

WOW, what a case. I've heard that the full size cases are large but I've never seen one that large. Looks to be plenty of room for anything that comes to mind. Keep us informed, I know that I will be keeping an eye on this one. It has sparked my interest. :idea:

thanks ill keep yall updated

april 06/06 i have done some more work on it.i have made the back pannel to hold the modo and the psu still waiting for the jb weld to cure,to then i have to jb weld it to the case.I have also bondo the front pannel and cut the vents out that was on the buttom,if you look at the pics #s 62.63 and 64 that is some before pics and if you look at pic 71 that is some after pics of the vents i am talking about.I have replaced the vent that was on there with some wire mesh grills and put plexiglass behind it.I am also going to do the same thing on the top and have two wholes with wire mesh grills and plexiglass behind it. that is what i have done so far.Ill post some more pics in the next few days and ill keep yall updated on how i am comming alone with the project

if yall have any more ideas let me know

mad_mod_man

Holy snapping duck shite mad_mod that is one huge sucker of a case and coming along nicely.

thanks man ill post some more pics and update in the morin since it is 4:20 am rite now i am planning on sanding the front pannel of bondo down and get it ready for paint.Then i need to attach the mobo tray to the frame and get that ready for paint.then i need to cut the pannels for my windows and my door that i will be making.I still have alot of work to do on this but ill keep yall updated on how it is going and post some more pics when i get more done i hope yall like my work.Off the topic but it has to do with modding,today i got a service cart that i am going to mod a little so i can use it as a work table for doing my mods on my computers.I am also working on a little mod to right now it is a big white clock that i am going to print some linux pics and some other little pics and stick them on the work and then i have a modded clock to go with everything else that i have modded lol

mad_mod_man

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information