Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: new graphics card.....

Master Modder

new graphics card.....

hey guys im after a new graphics card...finaly...anyway, heres one i have been looking at,

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ECS-Geforce-8600GT-256MB-Powerful-Graphics-Card-New_W0QQitemZ140135365714QQihZ004QQcategoryZ3762QQ ssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

now im stuck on weather this would be better then my one already as i seem to be really stuck for some reason and my mind justent working, so the one i have? well its a geforce 7600gt galaxy card, i do wonder if it would be better then mine or not as i do like my card alot, well hope you guys can help me out

or if anybody knows of any other cards which are good enough that would help? bassicaly i want a card that can run need for speed carbon with all the graphic settings set to high, but without being set in sli, so that it can do it on its own, so ideas are very welcome, cheers guys! p.s i want to stay in the £100 range but will be willing so yeno

new graphics card.....

I'd save up a bit more, and try get a DirectX 10 card. Thats where things are going nowadays

I'm saving my pennys too!!

Master Modder

new graphics card.....

it is a dx-10 card....lol

new graphics card.....

...i'll just shut up... ops:

Master Modder

new graphics card.....

lol everyone makes mistakes

new graphics card.....

new graphics card.....

...i'll just shut up... ops:
    lol

Master Modder

new graphics card.....

From what I understand the one you gave us the link to will out perform the one you have but it's basically the same category as the one you have just the next generation up from it. So you'll get the next version of shader and the other stuff and DX10. If it were me, I would save my money and go for the GeForce 8800 with the 320mgs of memory and with that you won't be paying out the nose, just out your butt due to less memory than the full version with over 700mgs of memory. Hope this helps you, Happy Modding to ya.

new graphics card.....

Normally I would check Tom's Hardware, but they don't have anything in the 8000 series except the 8800's. I checked ebay.co.uk and I found a few 8800 gts's for about £130. They had like 4 days left, though. I would bid early and bid often, making sure to make staying in your range more important than winning a given auction. Here they have it for $259, but I don't know if they ship to UK. If you have a choice I would go for EVGA because of their warranty: Unless you physically damage the card in the process of using water cooling your warranty is still valid. A lot of other card makers void your warranty as soon as you remove stock cooling. Another option is to try getting sponsored. Pester small companies to give you one for use in a mod. Tell them about Pipeline and see what happens.

new graphics card.....

save up for the 8800 GTS or 8800 GTX

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information