Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Project: Deuce

Project: Deuce

Deuce , 2 of a kind, 2 of what you want.... having a deuce is a good thing. This new rig is going to be an exercise in 2.

Dual Core CPU (Opty 185)
    2GB of RAM
    2 Hard drives
    2 video cards (SLI) (2x 7900GTX 512MB cards)
    2 water loops
    2 reservoirs (dual EK MultiOption reservoirs)
    2 pumps (Swiftech MCP350 and 355)
    2 water colors (TBD)
    2 Radiators
    2 120mm fans on the top rad

You get the idea!

It will reside in a Thermaltake Armor chassis. Mind you, this thing is HUGE!!! Plenty of space for all this magic to happen! I brought the side window panel on vacation with me, and went to town on it this week; It will be another hot rod themed build, except this onw will be a hot rod paint scheme from a Hot WHeel part. Stylistically, it will be very influenced by the build out of a Deuce coup.... but it will have modern flourishes....

The paint job will be based off of this:

Deep blue/purple on the base, and gloss black across the top of the cabin area. seperated by a flaming green stripe. Looks bad ass!!!

So I startes planning out my window. And after several days with a pencil, I hace the draft.

Keeping a mental note on the location of the cross beam. as well as the drive bays in the front. I shaped the main window to show off the motherboard, and to keep the integrity of the side panel locks. I added in a smaller window to the bottom area to break up the look of the "single large window":

note the stock that still remains around the flames and the corners. I learned something from blingGreen, and that is to make sure you leave the tips of the flames until the last This will keep you from applying a lot of pressure to the tips, and causing it to bend. So, you will see the flames work through in a few pictures....

Here is some more material removed from the flames... see them starting to form up?

Workng through the flame centers....

Now.... here I go.... the side panel sitting at around 85% completion!!

more tomorrow, as I am tired tonight

Looking good, off to a good start tech-daddy...

Very Nice

Master Modder

Nice Merc, I remember when they use to roam the streets of Lubbock, TX, the home of Buddy Holly. Must be showing my age now. I lived just down the street of Texas Tech Univ. Home of the Red Raiders. My how time flies. Happy Modding to ya.

Great idea and well planned out. This onw will surely be just as or even more popular than Boss.

Nice job on that window! Did you use a dremel or a file on those flames? Will the front lips of the armor case be left in place or removed? smrmmmmmprphPicsPicsPicsPLEASE!!!!! Maybe a sketchup?

No doubt that will be another great mod from tech-daddy, sweet job on that side panel.

Nice job on that window! Did you use a dremel or a file on those flames? Will the front lips of the armor case be left in place or removed? smrmmmmmprphPicsPicsPicsPLEASE!!!!! Maybe a sketchup?
    Hehehe! Dremmel all the way! The steel on the side panels of the Armor case are (I think) thicker than normal steel! I was rolling through the reinforced cuttoff wheels on this cut! I've still got 10 more port holes to cut in the top. I files down the edges with hand files to get rid of some of the burrs on the edges.

The front plates will be left on in the final build, as I have plans for those too!

The front bay covers will also get changed up pretty substaintially as well, but I will wait for those steps to show you my plans there...

Thanks guys!

PS: No sketchup models yet. I have not taught myself that wonderful tool yet. And I Have a very tight window to *possibly* finish this thing in...

Do we get to see something similar to that Merc's paint job on Deuce? I love that two tone with flamed divider look.

Cool another HOT ROD .

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information