Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Creature Case in the works, by Leecho

Creature Case in the works, by Leecho

Hello everyone, I am new here to M-I, I will be showing you a monster of a mod that no one has ever made. It is completely an original design. It has come from the dark reaches of my own mind. The project started about 4 yrs. ago, first it was drawn out on paper, many many sketches, so many actual changes even in the fabrication stage. I am an artist, although not professional... I have spent my whole life drawing, and learnt airbrushing when I once worked at a sign company here in Toronto for 28 yrs. When I became interested in modding, I built my first case in just a few months... "Case of Souls" it was called, and it was abnormal, but only slightly as I only reworked an existing case box.
    This is where "Creature Case" is truley unique and original. The whole thing from ground-up is my design and dimentions. I also worked as a metal fabricator for 3 yrs. and thus this case would be a working work of art in the truest form.

As soon as someone explains to me how to upload my photo's, you will see a step by step process in the building of my "Creature".

Aaaaahhhh! Exitement! Welcome to Modders-inc, Leecho. Any chance we could see the other mod that you made? Please? For photos you need to open an account at a third-party site, such as photobucket, imageshack, flickr, or allyoucanupload. Add a '.com' to most of those and you should be at a site. You can just google "image hosting" and pick which one you like. If you can, scan and upload some of your sketches if you have not started construction. If you don't have a scanner, you can pick one up at your local thrift store for under $5. Bigger thrift stores work better for that kind of thing. Anyway, I can't wait!

Master Modder

Welcome to MI, Leecho. Just as brightshininglights said about a hosting site, google will help on that. Some of us use free hosting sites, so what ever floats your boat is out there. Also like bsl stated about your first mod, please let us know where we can go to see it and again I can't wait to see this new work of art. I too like cases that don't look like the everyday style. I've done the same thing only in wood. Glad to have you on board and Happy Modding to ya.

Welcome to M-I

Can't wait to see the creature

As soon as someone explains to me how to upload my photo's, you will see a step by step process in the building of my "Creature".
    Welcome to Modders-Inc!

Upload the images to where? In the Gallery section you can upload you images threw the interface.
    If you want to post pictures here then read this by Tazz - How to post pictures

Okay already... Here's the first photo of Creature. Yes it's just an aluminum 1"x1" angle frame painted polyurethane bright red semi-gloss. It measures in at 10 inches wide, by 18 inches deep, and from the ground it sits at 22- 1/2 inches tall. This whole case was created from within my own mind, many of the pieces will be machined with computer controlled routers from designs I have lay'd out on paper, others will be cut on a band-saw. All painting on this case is done by me... primer, base, 2-stage polyurethanes, all air brushing with "Createx" water-base paints, and all metal fabrications by yours truely.

On a professional note: I was once a metal fabricator for 3 yrs., and then became a professional spray painter for 28 yrs. I have been drawing since I could pick-up a crayon, air brushing for many yrs., too. When I got into modding about 6 yrs ago, I knew that I had to build a case like no other...

oooooOOOOoooooh!!!! That's awesome! It reminds me of a whale's backbone.

Soon more photo's of Creature....

Sounds interesting Leecho should be an outstanding show...

That's almost as cool as the original pic. Lol.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information