Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Black Dragon

Master Modder

Black Dragon

This is my next mod after I finish with my Brother's PC. At the moment all of the internals of Red Lantern is now inside Black Dragon. The case is a Ultra Wizard in Black. This is one of the two cases that I purchased from Fry's when they were going for $40.00USD with free shipping and a $40.00 rebate. I bought the MS Blue and the Black and I have both rebates already. So the price was right. I'll start on the side panel first when the time comes. So until then all ideas and comments are welcomed and remember Happy Modding to ya.

Master Modder

Black Dragon

I'm using Black Dragon as my gaming machine at this time. I removed everything out of Red Lantern into the Ultra Wizard Black case. Today a package arrived with my new cpu cooler that I purchase off of ebay for $22.95 plus $11.00 for shipping. The cooler is a Zalman 9500. Here are some photos of it before it is installed.

Hope you like the photos as much as I am. So until later Happy Modding to ya.

Black Dragon

Pretty sweet, can't wait to see more of where this is going. Could we get a drawing or plans?

Master Modder

Black Dragon

The gaming machine that was in Red Lantern is now in the Ultra Wizard case, Black Dragon. This is my SLI machine with the Opteron 170. The 9500 will be going on the Opteron which is now covered by a Ultra Fire heatsink with dual fans. So Black Dragon is in use, just now modifications have been done to the case as of yet. Just getting things together for the interior. Happy Modding to ya.

Black Dragon

I sort of meant plans for a mod, if there are any, but this works too.

Master Modder

Black Dragon

At the moment I plan on putting a small window into the side panel with some etching of a Dragon. Thinking about cutting the rib section out of the door and replace it with plexy with the Dragon etching and LED lighting on both the side panel and door. I will do my best to keep the paint as is. If I screw up and ruin the paint that's on it now, then I'll have to do a paint job on it. I've got the plexy for the side panel window but I've been so busy with my honey do list and my Brother's PC and Switchboard, I haven't done anything to the case of Black Dragon. I've only been working on getting some cooling parts for it. Just put in a NB chipset heatsink from Thermalright HR-05 for SLI and now the new 9500 cpu cooler. I'll have another gig of memory arriving soon for Black Dragon to give me 2gig of DDR PC3200. I will have a reservoir for Switchboard coming also and then I have to contact Swiftech about some brackets for the water block. So many projects going that I'm swimming in the brain department. So far I've been able to keep everything separated. Happy Modding to ya.

Black Dragon

Those Zalmans are "Cool!!" If you use the rheo and turn it all the way down, the fan wont even spin for a few minutes on start-up.

It gave my mate a shock, as he shut down the comp a couple of times thinking that the fan wasnt working :lol: The NOOB!!!

Master Modder

Black Dragon

I was thinking about plugging it into the mobo and not use the controller. What do you think about that or should I use the controller? Happy Modding to ya.

Black Dragon

It works either way, and its pretty near silent at full revs both with and without the rheo. Its a very good cooler my temps never went over 38c at max load.

All in all, a very good cooler

Master Modder

Black Dragon

Super and thank you for your opinion on it. I'll be using it plugged into the mobo so I can forget about it and at the same time know that it's doing it's job. Happy Modding to ya.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information