Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WOLFENSTEIN VIDEO GAME AS LIVE ACTION FILM

WOLFENSTEIN VIDEO GAME AS LIVE ACTION FILM

Samuel Hadida and Todd Hollenshead, CEO of Emmy® Award-winning id Software announced that Hadida’s Davis Films will bring the famed video game franchise, Return to Castle Wolfenstein, to the big screen. The first picture, a live action film, will be written and directed by Academy Award®-winner Roger Avary.

Based on the internationally renowned series that created the action shooter genre of games, the film will draw from Return to Castle Wolfenstein with its rich story and unique characters.

Wolfenstein reteams Hadida and Avary, who worked together most recently on last year’s box office winner Silent Hill, produced by Hadida and written by Avary. Previously, they teamed on Killing Zoe, produced by Hadida, and Rules of Attraction. Avary’s credits also include Pulp Fiction, which won him an Academy Award® for Best Original Screenplay. His adaptation of Beowulf, to be released November 16 by Paramount Pictures, is helmed by Robert Zemeckis.

Hadida has had great success with video game to film adaptations, having produced the Resident Evil series with Constantin, Silent Hill, and the upcoming Onimusha with director Christophe Gans.

Avary stated, “I've been playing the character of B.J. Blazkowicz since the epic Wolfenstein3D first bruised my brain, and have ever since wanted to bring his adventures to life on the big screen. For me, Return to Castle Wolfenstein took my passion and desire to a whole new level. I will endeavor to uphold not only the rich tradition of WWII guys on a mission films, but to bring the world of Wolfenstein alive. There is no better team of commandos to have at my side than my old producing partner Samuel Hadida and the brilliant minds at id Software. It's time to bust some dams, storm some bunkers, and blow up some bridges. This is going to be insanely fun.”

Hadida added, “I am ecstatic that we have been able to make this deal with id Software and that Roger is on board to bring the games to cinematic live action. Roger’s passion for the Wolfenstein franchise and his love of classic war movies will assure a motion picture experience that satisfies die-hard gamers while also introducing fresh audiences to the franchise.”

Todd Hollenshead noted, “The Wolfenstein franchise has long been a personal favorite of mine. Not only is it the game that created the genre, but its rugged hero and bizarre Nazi villains captured the imagination of millions of fans. I’m pumped that we have Samuel’s production acumen and Roger’s creative skills committed to making the movie as compelling and successful as the games.”

Cool.Thank God that Uwe Boll didn't get to it first.....They just started filming Far Cry the movie btw.

Cool! Those wolfenstein games were a bit before my time, though....

It's mostly freeware now,Including one of my favorites ever,Wolfenstein Enemy Territory.All free my friend!

Can't wait ^_^

Hopefully they will not make the same mistakes they did with the Doom movie. Only about 10-15 minutes of the whole movies was worth watching and barely followed the plot of the Doom series.

ooh don't remind me of that disaster...

Hopefully they will not make the same mistakes they did with the Doom movie. Only about 10-15 minutes of the whole movies was worth watching and barely followed the plot of the Doom series.
    Exactly my thoughts. Please, please don't screw it up, though honestly the odds are against the movie being good.

i agree with svengeance. as long as Boll isnt directing

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information