Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How are we doing so far?

How are we doing so far?

With limited time and heavy workloads we try to give everyone the best site we can and with all of your help in the forums by keeping them active and full of great topics. We are growing little by little, thank you. Our Alexa score has been staying pretty level and that helps us get products for reviews (which we gave away almost all that we collected a few months ago, remember ;-) ) and new contest and give aways.

My questions are:

1) Are we doing OK?

2) Is there something we can do better?

3) Is there something that we are missing?

4) Would you like to volunteer somehow? We don't have too much to offer :-)

I am serious about this and we want to make sure things are going well and what we might be missing to attract newer members.

Thanks,

Dewayne
    a.k.a Americanfreak

How are we doing so far?

1) Yes theres lots great going on here.
    2) Either I can't find it or its not set up to be able to get emails about updates on threads(subscriptions), thats honestly why I forget about this place a lot and seem to reappear every few months
    3) See 2 thats really my only complaint
    4) Volunteer, sure I don't have a life

How are we doing so far?

Thanks!

As for #2 click on the Profile button towards the top /

scroll down until you see:

Always notify me of replies:
    Sends an e-mail when someone replies to a topic you have posted in. This can be changed whenever you post.

Make sure Yes in marked.

Have others had this problem?

How are we doing so far?

I check every few hours, so that's not a big thing with me. It would be nice if there was a modders-inc widget that would alert me on-screen of posts. I would have preferred if this current givaway was a judged event where we had to make something and then members voted or staff judged. I would like some sort of stars for members with lots of posts instead of just for being a moderator/admin/staff. Also, in the gallery section there is currently no way for members to remove or rename a picture once it is posted. This is in the gallery tab, not the gallery forum. I would like a list of places to get stuff for modding locally (like schucks, scrap yards, etc). A wiki would work, as well as the forums that are already in place. I'm only telling you because it would be best if it was sticky. Also, as Em3bilko noted in another post, there is no section for sound cards. I'm not sure if there's a section for input devices, and if there's not then there should be.

How are we doing so far?

the site is great so far, i just think it needs more members

How are we doing so far?

AF, I have it setup now, apparently I'm just blind. I did notice a little green star by my name how long has that been there ?

How are we doing so far?

I would say less than 5 hours - lol. Thanks, AF. I really like this site; it is the only forum I suscribe to. The members are friendly and the staff personable - you get a pat on the back from the founders as soon as you walk in the door. We could definitely use more members, though. Having a smaller forum is like going to a small church: you know everybody and there's community but there's less going on. Take your pick on which of those is more important to you. We have talent, but so do the other places. I found this place through google, and I'm sure that others must too. However, we're not too high on the list. In fact, the only google search in a quick test that turned us up in the top ten results was "modder site". However, with a list of members a few thousand strong and posters in the scores, I think that our problem is staying power. However, this is also our strength. We make people feel welcomed and loved. My friend Dae_Ja_Voo got critiques at another site for his stunning Epiphany mod when I would have given him supreme praise had he posted it here (nudge nudge). Anyway, enough with my rant. We're a great site, and have no need to worry. As long as we keep doing what we're doing we'll continue to grow and improve.

How are we doing so far?

AF, I have it setup now, apparently I'm just blind. I did notice a little green star by my name how long has that been there ?
    I hopefully changed it so that it is set to YES by default for new members. Older members please check to see that you have Yes selected too.

I did the stars last night after I got home from work. The sites Admin's, Staff, and Mod's will have Yellow stars. New members will have the green stars until they reach 200 post...(I think? 8O ) then the stars change to blue.

brightshininglights- I think you got the right thoughts. I just need to digest what you said and it to the list.

It's comments , good or bad, like this that help us understand how we are doing. It's hard to see if you are going in the right direction without some sort of feed back :mrgreen:

How are we doing so far?

It's been a long time since the last time I posted here. Sorry...It's just that I was very busy and totally forgot that I'm already registered to the forums. I though I wasn't and was just too lazy to register.

But hey, it's better now than never.

I think you're doing just great! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK you're doing!

How are we doing so far?

1) Are we doing OK?
    Oh yeah

2) Is there something we can do better?
    Not really, everything is cool/nice/awesome here (especially the news ^_^)

3) Is there something that we are missing?
    errrr... not that I knew about? :S

4) Would you like to volunteer somehow? We don't have too much to offer :-)
    I don't know, what could I help You guys with?
    P.S.
    I have more stars than em3 :P
    lol

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information