Thread: AXPC USB 5.1 Digital Headset (TRI-UA512)

AXPC USB 5.1 Digital Headset (TRI-UA512)

Picking the right audio components for your gaming is becoming more difficult as technologies advance. When it comes to headsets, the consumer needs to take all aspects of the headsets use in to consideration. What someone else likes might not be what you like. For the hardcore gamers, the challenge of picking the right headset is even tougher. With todays games offering top quality sound, you need a top quality headset to take advantage of it. Today we are going to look at one of Tritton Technologies AXPC USB 5.1 Digital headsets.

Read the full review here.

Master Modder

Good looking unit that's for sure. It seems that most headphones today don't quite make the grade when it comes to the bass reproduction and I think it's due to the size of the speakers. They are trying to keep the weight down where the phones are comfortable which then takes away from the bass. I have the same problem with my headphones. Matches your SLI-Fly quite well. Thanks for the review and you did a bang up job. Happy Modding to ya.

Thanks for the comments.

On the bass side of things, generally you are correct in the size part. Although a desirable bass can be achieved in headphones. Normally it does come at a higher price as well as the heavier weight. I do think Tritton has addressed the issue a bit by supplying the "Rumble" affect with the headphones.

I am some what of a audio junkie from back in the day. The bad thing about that is. When I want to feel the music, I don't want it to just shake the room.. I want it to shake everything :twisted: Damn, I wish I still had those 18"s that where mounted in the back seat of my car .

LOL yep you don't get the feel of the bass with a headset.

Master Modder

At least not what a 18" woofer can produce. lol Maybe Tazz will make a box with 18" woofers mounted in it, so that he can stick his head into it to get that bass that he needs. One side will have to be plexy so that he can see his game. lol Happy Modding to ya.

LOL... I gave up the loud shit a long time ago.

I found out working in a factory and listening to loud music all the time definitely makes your hearing worse. Although I do have one system that can still produce some excellent sounds (my system tied to the HTPC). It can't produce what the ol car stereo use to. Man those where the days, I can remember pissing my brother off at college one year with that car. LOL, his dorm room was on the 15th floor and he always knew when I pulled up, it would piss off a lot of students in the dorm. Hell, if I cranked it up while you was in the car, it would vibrate everything so bad that you physically could not talk. Everything you said would just come out garbled.

The one after that was almost as good (I didn't go for quite as much bass, used 2 12"s on it). I pop in a cd that had a police siren on it and head into town from about a mile out. LOL, I never saw so many cars heading out of town so quick.. That one use to get me a lot of threats from the local mischievous ones.

I do miss doing the stereo competitions though .

Master Modder

OUTSTANDING, back then the music was just fantastic to boot. We all must piss off our brothers and sisters to keep them on their toes, I still try sometimes, at least when I know I can get away. lol Happy Modding to ya.

How does this compare to the Razor, I just read THAT review as well, and was thinking about them
    Currently using a pair of Zalman 5.1 (non USB) -you can get them for under $50 at Amazon etc. pretty good headphones (no mike-no controls) that t I have landed a few heavy things on and are being held together with duct tape(still works good though)

USB v Soundcard? is card still best way so far SBXFi

Well as for a comparison to the Razers, AmericanFreak is the only one of us two that has listen to both. I do know that he has had some issues with the Razers since the review. The Trittons are still going strong and are still my number 1 selection here.

USB vs Sound card. Well it all really depends on the usage as I stated in the review. For someone looking for a good sounding headphone with portability, the USB is a pretty good choice. If you're a hardcore gamer and want 100% surround sound reproduction, I would look at Trittons TRI GA600's.

Thread Information