Thread: Round sata cables?

Round sata cables?

Does anyone know where I can get round sata cables? I need to route them through another cable, but they need to be smaller than 5mm in diameter in order to fit. The cables that I currently have are around 7mm. I know that the wires in a sata cable will fit, it's just their housing. I suppose that if I really have to I could remove the wire, strip a cat-5 cable and connect those individual wires to the connectors on either end. If I do that I would have to buy sata cables anyway just to cannabalize the ends, but less work done means less chance of producing a faulty homemade sata cable. Plus it's, you know, less work. Here are my other requirements for the cables: straight on both ends, 20"-24" long. I don't care about color or el or uv reactive or anything but those requirements. I hope that somebody sells what I need.

Clear Coat

Round sata cables?

umm... if the cable has to be less than 5mm, arent you going to have to cut the cable at least once anyway?

Round sata cables?

Oh sorry, I meant width. That was a little confusing :P

Clear Coat

Round sata cables?

but are you trying to fit it through a hole, or is it just trying to fit the cable in a slot? ( i got the 5mm = diameter or width thing)

Round sata cables?

Oh, I see what you're saying. Yes, it is going through a 6mm hole so I will have to cut it in order to feed it through, but I still prefer not having to rewire both sides. I haven't taken one apart to see how well the wires are contained, and I may cut it lengthways down the middle and stack the halves on top of each other. I'll do it the hard way if I have to, I was just wondering if an easy(er) way existed.

Thread Information