Thread: Where do I get 120mm fan ducts? (besides mnpctech)

Where do I get 120mm fan ducts? (besides mnpctech)

Does anyone know where to get the plastic fan ducts like on mnpctech.com, except not from them? I know that they don't make them as I have seen them at performance pc's for a little more. I just wanted to know if anyone knows who makes them so I could get them at OEM prices or ideally buy them locally. I don't have to use that style, I just need some. I know that I could just get some 4" pvc, but I don't feel like shelling out $16 for like 14 feet of it when I only need 3". I know that $4 isn't a lot of money, but I kind of need a lot of them, and they kind of add up fast.

Master Modder

I have used 4" pvc pipe flanges for my intake. They were purchased at Home Depot for around the $3-4 price tag. I drill the opening in the bezel and the front portion of the frame and then take a hot glue gun to hold it into place so that I can to the bondo thing to it. Hope this helps you out. With this flange you don't need to buy the 10' length of pipe, just the flange unit. Happy Modding to ya.

Thank you em3bilko, this answers my question.

http://simplyspeakers.com/13crossovers.htm

http://www.nexxia.co.uk/Hi-Fi_Accessories/bass_port_tubes.htm

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-4fB2O55xU7f/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=745&I=125M1703

Just a few samples to show that MNPCTech isn't the highest priced shop. From the looks of it, the last link looks to be identical to the ones Bill sales and his are $2 bucks cheaper. Bill offers top notch service and support for his products. Hell, depending on how many ports you need and how quickly you need them he might even be able to work out a batch price. It's just a matter of contacting him and going from there.

I am not trying to sound like a fanboy here. Those are the first three links I came across other than Bills when looking for the ports. I have honestly not seen them go for much less (maybe .50) than what Bill sales them for. I would gladly pay the extra .50 per unit to support a fellow modder in this community.

I am relatively new to the forums and am still learning my etiquette. I believed MNPCtech (and other modding sites) to be our competitors, not our allies. My apologies to MNPCtech and their members. Also, I did more research once I found out what they were, and you are right that they are not too expensive. Again, my bad.

No problem brightshininglights, I was just showing that they are fairly close in price to other places.

As far as looking at other modding related sites as competitors. The only way we truly compete is for traffic. We all (the sites we deal with) have respect for each other and our respective communities. AF and myself have worked with several sites that would be considered competitors over the years. To us the main key is keeping modding alive more so than trying to be the only modding site. Sure we want to grow and increase our traffic and community size. We don't want to knock others down doing it (well except one maybe :twisted: ).

Thank you for the props Tony!

We're doing this to help our love for this hobby grow. I'm most happy to hear we've inpsired somebody new to join and mod their rig 8-)

Thread Information