Thread: Some old but new toys

Master Modder

Some old but new toys

I just wanted to tell you and show you some toys that I received about 2 years ago. They never got used because of our basement leaked from raining to the condensation of the A/C. The A/C condensation line is setup in this house to drain onto the floor of the basement. Why it wasn't sent outside I don't know. All I know is that it drips into the basement so it always has puddles from it, if it rains then the problem gets worse. I have measured as much as 7" of water flooding the whole thing. We were told that the basement leaked but it had been sealed by the other renters that lived here before us. So I had my compressor taken down into the basement. Then we found out the truth about the basement the very first rain which put 4" of water into the area. Before the first rain I was given a air powered tool and I never got to use it because the first rain came shortly after the rain. Now I had the compressor taken out during the Labor Day holidays. So that meant that I could use my new tool if I could find it. It had gotten packed up when the had to relocate all of our stuff that was in the water filled basement. So yesterday I found my new air tool. Here it is, still in the package.

So there it is and maybe tomorrow I'll use it to cut out and shape the opening for the new LCD screen that I have wired up for Switchboard. All ideas and comments are welcomed and remember Happy Modding to ya.

Clear Coat

Some old but new toys

O.o looks like fun. A dremel on steroids perhaps.

Some old but new toys

new "old" tools rock!

Congrats on the find! Have fun and be safe!

Some old but new toys

Cool! Does it have adjustable speed?

Master Modder

Some old but new toys

Thanks fusinfun, tech-daddy and brightshininglights for your comments. I bet it's a dremel on steroids and I'll try to be safe about it but if I screw up I'll post photos to show you what I did wrong and I belief that the speed is adjustable by how much pressure that is applied to the trigger on the grinder itself. Hope that covers most of the questions. I'm looking forward to using this little unit, so I'll use it on the drive bay cover that will be used for the LCD screen. Happy Modding to ya.

Some old but new toys

Ooooo, on-the-fly adjustable speed! That sounds promising!

Some old but new toys

You always find the cool old sh$t Em3, I don't know how you do it. Nice find by the way.

Master Modder

Some old but new toys

Thanks for the comments brightshininglights and novaforme. It runs so sweet and I love the way it fits in my hand and the unit really does a good job at sanding the openings for the fans. My family tells me that fall into a pile of sh*t and I come out smelling like roses and I hear this every time I find a nice deal. I'm also asked to find deals for them, like my wife when she doing a small craft project and she needs a small tool or small parts. Happy Modding to ya.

Thread Information