Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My modded clock

Master Modder

My modded clock

I've been doing a little project here and there and I finally finished it. I made a clock from a old 5.25" Harddrive. I took a couple of photos after I finished it. I didn't do a worklog of any kind on this project and I'm sorry but it happened. Here are the 2 photos.

I remove the clock mechanism from another clock where I used a old 7.25" Skill saw blade and painted a meadow scene on the side of the blade. I got tired of the saw blade and turned it into a HDD. Happy Modding to ya.

My modded clock

that looks REALLY awesome. great job em3!

Master Modder

My modded clock

Thanks theedge44, I have it mounted to my desk where I can see it sitting in my chair. Happy Modding to ya.

My modded clock

Indeed, Great job. I'd like to turn one of those 2" thick hd's into a clock. They hold like 504mb and are the size of a tank, but they'd be awesome for one of these.

Master Modder

My modded clock

Thanks brightshininglights, the HDD I used was only a 2.5gig and it didn't work, so it turned into a different pumpkin. Happy Modding to ya.

My modded clock

Great idea. Looks good. I have a larger 5.25" hard drive that came out of a Compaq. I might just have to steal your idea. 8O

My modded clock

hey em3, I was thinging of building a similar thing but a little more complicated :P (yes I do like to complicate XD lol)

http://www.alan-parekh.com/hard_drive_clock.html

take a look

I'm thinking about making ths for like... 1 year now?
    still didn't get an old HDD tho... -.-

My modded clock

ha, thats awesome em3bilko, kind of makes me sad that I trashed an old Quantum Bigfoot drive, would have made a nice clock.

Master Modder

My modded clock

Go right ahead and build that clock slipperyskip and have fun doing it. I thought about that clock that you linked for me, Dex. I didn't feel like getting all technical and stuff like that, so I went the easy route. I don't throw anything away that comes out of a computer myself. That's why I had that old Bigfoot drive. It didn't work and it was only like 2gig. So J2T get yourself a tote or a cardboard box and put in everything that doesn't work into it and then you'll have something to work on later. lol Thanks for all of the comments guys, I appreciate them all. Happy Modding to ya.

Master Modder

My modded clock

wow, that is cool lol how long it take to think of doing that to it?? i have loads of spare hdds......:P

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information