Thread: Something strange on boot-up

Master Modder

Something strange on boot-up

I have a Foxconn 6150K8MA micro-ATX motherboard that I'm using for my HTPC. Today while working on it I had to do a reboot which I did and that's when I noticed the second line of the very first screen that comes up when you boot your machine. This second line goes like this:
    Engineering Release-Not for production use:
    I bought this mobo from my son who bought it from Newegg. I just thought that this was a little strange. I don't know anything about this other than what I've read. Just thought I would share this strange reading with the rest of you. Happy Modding to ya.

Maybe you have the prototype ^^

sell it back to Foxconn (I guess that's the menufacturer :P) :twisted:

Master Modder

It works, I was just curious about it saying Not for production use. Just strange to me. First time I've every seen anything like that. Happy Modding to ya.

still, ask them, maybe you got the prototype - wich in most cases already work as they should :P

Sounds like to me you got what Dex said. Was the one your son got an open item from NewEgg?

I bet that some one got a hold of it, bought one on NE, returned the Engineering sample, and kept the newer board.

i'm pretty sure that not for production use means that the mobo is not to be used in mass production by pc builders, ( i.e. hp, dell, etc...). simply meaning that it is only to be used by the consumer.

Master Modder

Thanks for all of the posting of this unit. I'll send Foxconn a email and ask them about it. When my son ordered his mobo this one came in the order and worked the first time for him and then he went SLI and sold it to me for $30.00. His SLI board is a ASUS. He's likes his SLI setup, he has the same thing that I do. Twin 6800XT except his are XFX and mine are eVGA. Again Thanks guys for your ideas and Happy Modding to ya.

Well when it says "engineering release" those are suppose to stay when the company or are send to other manufactures to test their products to make sure that they are compatible. Once in awhile they find their way out into the masses so what you have my friend is a rarity for the normal PC user.

I would keep it just to say you have one ;-)

Master Modder

Wow, thanks for the info AF, I'll have to keep hold of this thing and pass it along to the kid when I'm gone and maybe he'll get rich off of it. Ya, right. I'm dreaming. Back to reality now, I'll for sure tell my son what he got a hold of when he got it. It's very interesting to say the least. Have a good day AF and I hope your family is holding up from the loss. Take care and Happy Modding to ya.

Thread Information