Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: M2N-SLI Deluxe HELP please =[

M2N-SLI Deluxe HELP please =[

hey guys...
    I bought a new motherboard - M2N-SLI Deluxe (Asus) and I have a small problem... (oh and a new CPU - 4400+ Athlon)

why does this appear when I try to load windows?
    I haven't formatted the HDD, it worked for like 4 times then I tried installing graphics drivers... then's when the stupid BSOD came... (blue screen of death) - after resetting the PC

any ideas why this would happen?

I tried to remove the drivers in safe mode (where the PC works just fine)
    but still... no effect..

and when I put my old mobo inside (MSI K9N Platinum with 4200+ Athlon), it resets the PC almost immediately after I select wich OS to boot (well I have only winxp but I use StyleXP and a custom bootscreen so there's an option to boot with normal bootscreen or with the custom one in the OS selection menu)

I had to restart the PC over 3 times to get the snapshot of that BSOD because my cellphone takes the photo around 1,5 seconds after you press the button... and the BSOD only appears for like 0,5 second and you have to take the photo 1,5 seconds before it does that...

did anyone have this kind of problems before? =[

oh, why I upgraded.. my old mobo (the one I have inside atm) freezes the whole PC at least once/twice per day and you have to hard-reset it (with the reset button because the KB and everything is frozen)
    well more and more I'm thinking, it could be one of the 4 RAM plates but they all passed 12 hours of ramtest...

please, help if you can =[

I have to finish a project till monday and that's impossible if my PC keeps freezing.. (usually it freezes when I'm like 2 milimeters away from the save button with my mouse...)

hEEEeeeEEElp :cry: :cry: :cry:

What specifically is in the Pic? The link does not work.

Will reply after that.

I built a pc for my friend with an msi k9n and I have a K9A, and I have no probs with either one. Try rolling back your video drivers.

that bsod is because of a driver problem.
    does your new mobo use a different chipset driver?

What specifically is in the Pic? The link does not work.

Will reply after that.
    well it's the picture of the BSOD in action :P

thx for reply; I uninstalled the video drivers, nothing changed (read to end of post )

my original mobo was MSI's one but they use the same chipset - nForce570 (well old mobo uses 570 and new one uses 570-SLi)

well, I fugured out what was the problem... I have 4 sticks of RAM: 2x 512Mb PC5300, 2x 512Mb PC6400, sticks are paired (bought them in a 2x 512 kit)

the fact is that I was so really pissed off today (yes at 1:30 AM...) so I started disconnecting stuff one after another
    so I found out that 1 of my sticks are dead.. the 6400 one -.-'

I found that out when my PC came into windows after 8 hours of "playing" with it... NEVER again..

oh, forgot to tell that I've had a few issues with that stick before too - my mouse started lagging like h€ll when in windows
    but other things worked fine...

The fact:
    I'm going to the shop where I bought the RAM sticks in 2 days or so (or next week)
    I still have 1,5Gig RAM wich isn't that bad

That sucks . Get well soon, Dex's computer!

now I'm back to the old mobo -.-
    and I was without internet yesterday..

I can't find the warranty papers anywhere... can you believe that? O_o
    I have everything in one place
    but unfortunately, I don't know where THAT place is... heh :P

more updates about the problem AFTER I get new RAM sticks...

The M2N32 SLI-Deluxe boards seem to be a bit finiky on a few things. I am dealing with issues on my wireless version.

Running two different ram types, speeds could be the root of your problems. Are you manually setting them both to the same settings? Have you tried just one set of memory at a time. I have already RMA'd one board and don't have a solid feeling about the one I am on right now.

Master Modder

M2N-SLI Deluxe HELP please =[ i would just try the stick in anouther computer....and btw the problem you wash having with the bsod, ive had that problem when i changed mobos.......i just reloaded windows though as that sorted it out...i duno wot else to say hope you get your new rig up and running soon dex

later days

umm one more Q guys;
    if I insert windows CD and boot it and reapir the windows
    would tha help?
    or do I have to format?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information