Thread: it just hasnt been senior's day.

it just hasnt been senior's day.

so today i woke up and had a friends pc that i had to fix. i fixed it and then let it run prime 95 for a while after installing windows xp . then on tv it said we were under a sever thunderstorm warning and i unplugged my pc but left my friends running. well needless to say lighting struck the transformer right outside my driveway and surged the house and killed the power. all the electronics were unplugged. when the lights came back on i turned back on his pc and it was fine though the agp slot was dead and so was the lan/sound card. anyway he said you know what just throw the board away and gimme the optical drives and hard drives and case. so i do and then i turn back on my computer. AND MY FRIGGIN 17 INCH DELL MICRO CRT (r.i.p) DIED!!!!. so i say to my friend since he has two pcs if i can borrow the 20 inch crt he has until he builds his new pc later this year he said yea and that i could go ahead and have it for my new video card (geforce 6200) so i agree and give him my card. i put my old radeon 9800se in and add a 120 mm fan to the top and try to unlock the other 4 pipeline and it works! no artifacts or nothing i finally have a 9800 pro which gives me a 40 fps increase in halo and a 20 fps increase in fear . so all was going well until i turn back on my moms pc and it decides it wants windows xp activated again. so i go WTF i activated it 8 months ago. so i put my pc in the living room since mom barely uses the pc and im going to put window ME on my moms old p3 so i can surf the web. its been a tiring day and i just thought i would share it with yall. anyway thanks for listening.

Master Modder

Man, it seems to be not your day. Sorry about your troubles. When it rains it pours.

Sounds like a bad day indeed...

well on high setting with all the eye candy cut on in halo i get 69 constant fps in halo god life is good. and i just got my p3 up that resides in my room. i currently type this post from it. i would love to have xp on here but 64 mb of ram would suck with xp

hey, ou havent ttried xp till youve tried it on 233Mhz with 64Mb of ram. damn, thats slow. just so you you know that its possible lol. ssorry bout the monitor, dam i wish i had one that big. also, 9800se's suck! i had one and it froze on desktop because of all the heat!

hey, ou havent ttried xp till youve tried it on 233Mhz with 64Mb of ram. damn, thats slow. just so you you know that its possible lol. ssorry bout the monitor, dam i wish i had one that big. also, 9800se's suck! i had one and it froze on desktop because of all the heat!
    i have run xp on a 233 with 64 mb of ram. it was fast enough for the guy who wanted it he liked to play pinball

you could play pinball on it? how? mine was too slow!

Thread Information