Thread: Dell E521 Overclock

Dell E521 Overclock

I am new to the forums, and since you guys are modders I figured you would be the best experts I can find for soemthing like this. I know that Dell chops off a lot of your bios options and so I was wondering if you guys know of a way for me to unlock the CPU clocks so I can attempt ot overlcock the CPU. I know of a good guide to help me through it, but I just want to do it because the CPU is running nice and cool right now (30C on average). If I could overclock the ram that would be nice as well.

Processor is: AMD 64 X2 4400+

RAM is: 2GB of whatever Dell uses.

I don't know the name of the mobo, if you could tell me how to find it (I am using EVEREST Home edition, but it says unknown).

Once we do find the mobo then can you tell me how, and where to get a bios flash file?

This will be my first overclock.

Also Everest says the bios type is Award 04/07/07

Thanks for all the help.

Dell E521 Overclock

If that motherboard is in a DELL theres pretty much no chance it will be able to overclock. To keep costs down DELL puts in the bare minimum to run what you got stock. When you overclock you need high quality equipment that can be pushed past that. Because DELL is aware of this the do not code such abilities into their BIOS. IF you want to overclock you will need to build a system with hardware that can handle it.

Dell E521 Overclock

If that motherboard is in a DELL theres pretty much no chance it will be able to overclock. To keep costs down DELL puts in the bare minimum to run what you got stock. When you overclock you need high quality equipment that can be pushed past that. Because DELL is aware of this the do not code such abilities into their BIOS. IF you want to overclock you will need to build a system with hardware that can handle it.
    Wah! I don't have the money or I would have by now. It sucks being 14 when it comes to finnancial situations ALONE. Otherwise it can be good and bad.

Thread Information