Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: BOSS accessories....

BOSS accessories....

It's all about the details....
    I felt it necessary to pull out some of the little things left undone on BOSS, and here are two of the things I have picked up on to complete this weekend.

Sheldog- remember this?

This has nothing to do with Shel, but it was one of those little things that I did not do in the end... the chrome will be smoked with the MetalCast smoke that I used on the middle stripe, and the red color will be painted over with the OSHA orange. There is a little fan inside the unit, as well as a blue LED that I need to replace with a white one to keep it inline with the rest of the mod. Guess I could go orange on the LED too... might esperiment a bit on that route:

While I work on the case build out on DST, since I am out there... figured I'd quit slacking off and get these little ones worked out too!

Pulling that mouse apart was a PITA!!!!

The top over the IC is the blue LED that lights through the vents and the fan. That will be what I replace with a white or orange one.

6 screws holding the internals together.... cripes...

Finally... broken down:

These parts will be OSHA orange:

and these are with the first layer of smoke paint:

I plan on 2-3 more layers of paint on these parts.

BOSS accessories....

after 2 more coats of "Smoke" and the 2-3 coats of clear:

the top pieces:

Pulled the blue LED out of this beastie, and replaced it with a white 5000mcd light. I then sprayed it with a glass frosting so that the light would disperse and not just spotlight. These pics were prior to me spraying the frost.

BOSS accessories....

Wicked tech-daddy that looks great.

BOSS accessories....

Mouse is looking good tech-daddy.

BOSS accessories....

coming along nicely. speaking of led's though...does anyone happen to have a tutorial of some sort for the differences between them? don't mean to steal the thread...but i wanna make turn signals for my car using leds...but i want it to be super bright. I'll take pm's if you guys don't feel comfortable posting in tech-daddy's thread

BOSS accessories....

Great work there TD. but I still didn't see you do anything with that peice of plex :P.

hehe, I know you will get to it. That mouse is crazy looking though.

BOSS accessories....

Great work there TD. but I still didn't see you do anything with that peice of plex :P.

hehe, I know you will get to it. That mouse is crazy looking though.
    :cry: :cry: :cry:

I was working on the piece, and screwed it up in two places, and I broke the tail while shaping it....
    Back to the drawing board. I believe I have an idea though on a way to get it the way I want it!

Sorry for ruining your donation.

BOSS accessories....

awww. well I got more scrap for you the next time you come down. However any 1/4" plex piece will work for what you have in mind. Just rough up the edges so they catch the light and you are good to go.

BOSS accessories....

Test fit...

couple of take aways on the pics....

Mice have pretty tight clearance tollerances on the buttons, and a thicker paint causes these to stick due to the gaps being tighter.

*SO*

I am forced to file down the gaps to allow for more space, then repaint the buttons and such to fit properly together... but this should let you know where this baby is going...

BOSS accessories....

YAY!!!
    The mouse is done!

Here is a little trick I pulled tonight. The Rubber surround on the wheel was a clear rubber, and I wanted the opaqueness of a "tire"... so I took the rubber piece off of the plastic center. I then boiled some water in a glass dish, then poured in 1/2 a package of RIT black dye. Mixed it up good, then dropped the rubber piece into the dye. Let it sit there for about 30 minutes, essentially letting the water cool with the rubber in it. I let the boiling water cool for about 2 minutes prior to adding in the rubber piece for fear that I was going to melt it and mis-shape it.

But the piece came out PERFECT! Opaque black, and still fits the original dimensions!

I need to buy some mouse skates for the oval patches that I took off the bottom, but otherwise it is done!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information