Thread: Sapphire ATI Radeon HD3870

Sapphire ATI Radeon HD3870

Not to long ago Sapphire introduced their newest cards, the Sapphire ATI Radeon HD3850 and HD3870. Today we are going to take a look at the HD3870. Several games have been recently released and/or are about to be released that will bring any video card not ready for the challenge to its knees. The HD3870 offers several great features such as 512MB of GDDR4 memory, HDMI support, DirectX 10 support, HD support, and Crossfire X support to name a few.

Read the full review here.

Thought it was a decent review tazz. Weird that you had problems with the install with XP. I think this will be my next video card. I have this crossfire board and I really need to get myself a crossfire set up to go in it. This is just cheap enough to go there...someday.

Master Modder

Decent review but I understand that due to having to return it you couldn't get into the meat of the unit. About the sticker which reminds you about plugging in the power. I own a Radeon 9500 and the other day I forgot to plug it in and the first thing on the screen, even before BIOS, it came up and said to plug in the power to the graphic card. I wonder if ATI still does that? Merry Christmas and Happy Modding to ya.

The XP install issue that I seen appears to be a common issue from googling it...

The power issue, both ATI and Nvidia have had an option like this. I've slipped up before and forgot to connect one or two power connectors over the years.

I once forgot to plug in my x1950xt, and nothing happened. It just started booting as usual. I caught it pretty quick and powered down, but yeah. Maybe it just kills it when you start gaming. I've heard guys ask if they need to plug two molex's into their adapter.

Thread Information