Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Agiea Physx card

Master Modder

Agiea Physx card

anyone else heard about this card.....ive been doing alot of looking up bout this card and it would seem that it is by far a great edition to any pc gamer, so ive decided to ask....does anyone else know anything about this things? also.....do you think it will be possible to use a 7600gt to act like one??? seems as they do look like the 7600gt......anyone with more info on these things please post in this thread...

Clear Coat

Agiea Physx card

no, you cant. Its a special chip, with special instructions n stuff. you only really need it in physics intensive games like crysis, and a few MMORPGs.

Agiea Physx card

What he said, lol. It only aids in certain games, and no, physx ≠7600gt. You can spend $130 in much better ways if you're itching to spend money. You could get another monitor, or a kicking sound card / speaker system.
    Here's a list on their website of some of the games that it supports:
    http://www.ageia.com/physx/titles.html
    The only good (popular) titles there are graw, ut3, and Gears of War. Again, probably not a very good purchase, at least at this time, unless you're a huge player of one of the three games listed above. IMO, in ten years when today's pc's are at recycle shops, the guys tearing the computers apart will find a pc with one installed and be like, "WTH is this? It's a video card without video!".

Master Modder

Agiea Physx card

lol you props right there bsl, i guess so....but i was watchin one of those cards in action and well, they do look amazing and guess what, i play ut3 haha although i havnt been able to atm due to me not being at my own computer, i still am itching to play it, well i did wonder if there is a way that maybe we can "make" a normal g/c chip work like a physx card.....hm gotta be a way sumwhere....will keep tryin to look into this thanks for the info btw guys

Agiea Physx card

The thing is, unless you are really prepared to spend out loads of cash for the ultimate gaming rig, you dont really need one. You get AGEIA PhysX with Crysis and if you have a dual or quad core CPU, one of your core's will do the work. Go to your control pannel and check out the cool little physics properties (if you have the PhysX Engine installed).

Start>Control Panel>AGEIA PhysX>Demo, and pick a demo to run.

I'm not really sure which game it came with, Crysis, or BioShock.

Agiea Physx card

Looking at the list, I must have got it with GRAW.

Meh, who knows what I download nowadays....

Clear Coat

Agiea Physx card

...lol

Master Modder

Agiea Physx card

wait...i have a quad core and i messed around with the demo thing that i got with ut3...i can do all of them does this mean i dont need the card?? lol that would be cool.......hehe

Master Modder

Agiea Physx card

From what I understand, your correct. Merry Christmas and Happy Modding to ya.

Master Modder

Agiea Physx card

haha cool merry x-mas peeps

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information