Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Call of Duty Completed 2-1-09

Call of Duty Completed 2-1-09

Ok, most people mod the case then have the airbrushing done. Well, I will be backwards this time. lol I hooked up with this guy from Fla named Dana Lind who happens to be an airbrush artist and paint and body man. Well, he had this case on Ebay for sale, we worked out a swap and are talking future case modding and painting. Long story short, I will start with a case that has most most all the painting done to begin with. It will be a challenge to come up with things to do to it without messing up the paint.

On top of the Coarse Aluminum Metalic (Silver Metalic.) auto paint is the airbrushed image of a Call Of Duty soldier ripping through rusty steel panels. Great attention was given to the gun and the soldier. Then Dana applied 10-12 coats of high build highly polished Urethane Polyester Clear Coat. Wet sanded between each coat and polished out to a mirror like finish. Not Bad at all.

Now to decide what direction to start in. The chassis will of course be taken apart and painted, fan holes cut out etc. hmmm.

Master Modder

Nice looking case you have there sir. I really like the attention to detail that he has put into the soldier and weapon. Good luck with the build and I'll keep my eyes open for this one. Happy Modding to ya.

That is pretty neat. My first suggestion would be to take out the mesh on the fan holes, like on the side and the back. Also, you can dremel out the blank spots behind the soldier to make them actual holes. It would be cool if you could find some rusty mesh to replace the pre-punched stuff. They make a a special rust-inducing paint kit that you could use. First you spray on some iron oxide, then you hand-apply a salt solution to make it rust.

Thanks guys Honestly i would have rather started fresh, but I guess it is no different than someone modding a case then sending it off to be airbrushed, or have someone come in and do it. lol

Yeah, I plan on doing something different at the fan holes and probably the side.

Well, the front panel was damaged in shipping. Broke 5 of 9 holding studs/clips, put a small crack in the 3.5 bay area and completely broke the bottom edge of the panel into. Pretty sick at this point, found a new front panel for 25 more bucks and Dana says he can paint and airbrush it to match. So, That is more than likely what I will do. However, I guess one way to look at it is that now I can mod the front panel too, before it gets painted. I may even change the name and general theme of it, maintaining a military theme of course, just not a game theme.

Master Modder

Sounds like the shipping company just beat the hell out of the package, or it wasn't packed very good, or maybe a little of both. What ever happened turned out to be a bummer for you. Happy Modding to ya.

Sounds like the shipping company just beat the hell out of the package, or it wasn't packed very good, or maybe a little of both. What ever happened turned out to be a bummer for you. Happy Modding to ya.
    I think it may have been a tad of both. I could salvage the front, a modify the way it connects to the case and I can repair the cracks, but in a way I feel I shouldn't have to do it. lol I actually invested a chunk in this case, at least in my thinking and I feel I should get what I paid/traded for. The rest of the case is just as the pictures show, simply knee deep in a mirror like finish and superb art work. Overall, I am well pleased in the case.

As for what is going to be modded, well the front and rear 120mm fan holes will be cut out and dressed. The chassis will be painted, because well .... I just think it brings much more to a case if the entire thing is painted. Not real pleased having the fan and vent holes Antec provided on the case side panel, so ....... we shall see.

I appreciate the support, comments and suggestions. Thanks guys.

Well, I just got confirmation from Antec that they have shipped me a new front bezel free of charge. Now, that is customer service at it's best.

I will have to get it re-airbrushed etc, but at least I will have the bezel now.

Master Modder

Glad to hear that the company is standing behind their product. Happy Modding to ya.

Cool theme! I've always liked the industrial distressed look..

The blank space in the bezel door is screaming for something, maybe a greenade protruding out, cut a dummy grenade in half and mount it!

Agree, you should paint the chassis. I'd paint it CAMOUFLAGE!! you can find camo aerosols online

These Mnpctech heavy duty handles, painted flat black, would fit the industrial military theme nicely

Google the Army Surplus stores online or Ebay, you may be inspired by some the cool stuff out there

Being hooked up Dana, you can go back to him for any touch up you want after cutting up anything, thats a bonus!

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information