Thread: Got a Crap Case, What to do?

Got a Crap Case, What to do?

My boss bought a new laptop and gave me her old desktop tower. It's got a P3 barely running Win98. Maybe my next mod?

What kind of theme do you think I should go with?

Looks like a Butterfly!

Whoa first thing I'd do is that I'd put a laptop's CD/DVD-RW combo (or blu-ray? ) instead of that butterfly

I think that the case would fit great with somekind of space theme because of the rounded corners..

Master Modder

I believe the butterfly thing is just a storage area for cd's. It sure is a tiny thing, it might be good for a MP3 player. lol Happy Modding to ya.

Well after seeing what Defyant did with those things I think what you decide to do with it is limited only by your skill and imagination. Good luck to ya and have fun!

Master Modder

well i knowthere is one thing ive seen done to them....be burnt in a mates house fire lol sorry its not funni but the poor thing was all matt black but.....it still worked!!! haha anyway pass on what to do with it...its erm ulgy

You could do a muscle-car theme, that's just what it reminds me of. I would relocate the psu to below where is it is now, though to do that would require making a new back panel. You could bondo some cowlings/air scoops on the sides/top/front. Maybe a fold-down cowling that you have to open to open the doors. Like on MNPCtech's cpu Stingray. Doing what Defyant did would be difficult because of the doors/flaps on the front. You could do a row of something on the wider side of the front (like bolts, cap nuts, somethings). I'm about out of ideas.

Master Modder

i just had a mad mad mad idea! ok.....call it a weird one, but why not base if on a sci-fi theme?? like a "supercomputer" be it silver high glossing of course! but anyway....the case has got lots of bits and things coming and going on it, so i thought hey this would be a good sci-fi 2020 kinda of computer yeno what i mean?? with thetop that rise's that could be some kind of thing that has a fan underneath of course it would be painted and have like tubes or sumit coming out of it aswell, also on the front one of the panels could have a lcd display so asif the computer was working somthing, oh and make the doors motrized

well thats what i would do with the ugly rig, haha bless it

LoL @ razer's comments :P
    (at least the end parts )

but hey, yeah I agree with razer!! A sci-fi theme would be awesome! Altho putting a "beast" into this PC is nearly impossible (or is it? :O ) but heh.. the only limitation is your imagination.. (just thought this is a cool rhyme.. lol)

For the top cd holder/spindle you could cut a hole and install a 120mm resevoir. The sci-fi theme sounds good as well.

Thread Information