Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: media center case

Master Modder

media center case

ok guys im real stuck on this one, ive got most of the guts for one of these but i cant seem to find a case....

im looking to spend no more then £30-£40 on the case, no i dont want no fancy thermaltake or anything like that, now heres the design im looking for (the shape only!)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=250206026552&ssPa geName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=015

ok as you can guess, thats a amp yes lol but the shape is what i am after, as in, i want a flat front!

now im sure everyone who has used a computer as been on a old RM school computer???

well ive been trying to find one of those case's but cant find one anywhere! so, ive been lookin and looking but cant find, although i came across hese 2...........

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=110207487279&ssPa geName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=001

now i reall like this one as it is very mod capable!!!!! but i dont know if it has pci slots in the back, this i need as the board has this, so if anyone knows!!!!! please let me know!!!

and the other one.....

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=150207893016&ssPa geName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=005

now this one....im not mega keen on it but as standard i would say its fairly nice,

so out of those which one would you guys go for?? member! i do kinda want to mod it and either one will be getting a silver spray job,

also if anybody knows of any other case's which are desktop style....please let me have a link to them!!!

later days peeps

media center case

The beige and red one myself... It has to have at least 4 PCI slot on the rear or it wouldn't be a Micro-ATX case woudln't it?

Master Modder

media center case

oh really?? i didnt know....well i went to there website, (the case manufactorer lol) now the only case i could find was this....

http://www.avance.com.tw/

its the g004 , i looked at that one to get an idea of what mine would look like silver, well a sorta idea lol anyway so yea im waiting for a message back from the seller as i think i might buy this case got to hope that the 250watt psu will power my system i want to put on it,

and for you guys heres the systm,

amd anthlon 64 single core 3200,

nf5 mobo, 1gb ram, dvd drive, mem card reader, tv-card, onboard 128mb video card

the video card will be updated but for now i will be sticking with this one.

well any other input would be great still and also on the case's as i still have not bought it yet :P

btw thanks tazz

Master Modder

media center case

ok guys decided to buy it! so the media center mod starts.........will update on a new thread for this soon

media center case

You might get by with the PSU but I wouldnt put a lot of faith in it. Depending on what you upgrade the video to later on would dictate what I buy as far as the PSU goes. Probably at least a Corsair 520 modular or non-modular.

Master Modder

media center case

well, i duno if i can use that as i think the psu is a sfx one....so i would be stuck a lil there but im sure i can make a full sized one fit i cant wait to start this mod hehe

well at least i will find out in a few days wot the psu is anyway.......

media center case

according to this psu calculator you only need 200w for that system. Link: http://www.extreme.outervision.com/PSUEngine. I can't wait for this mod to start, it looks pretty sweet.

Master Modder

media center case

wicked! well thats great as the psu is a sfx...well kinda lol i will update soon with pictures but atm im moving home!! so its kinda hard lol but anyway, heres some info on the tuner card i just bought....

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=350018366269&ssPa geName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=022

tell me what you guys think of this card and also....would i need any other card?? cheers guys

Master Modder

media center case

It looks similar to one that I have for my brothers pc. As long as it works for you is all that matters. Do you know what chipset it uses. I do know that the old ones use the bt898 or something like that and the new chipsets are something like 7130 and they are much better than the old ones. So good luck with the new mod and I'll be watching. Happy Modding to ya.

Master Modder

media center case

yea it does use a new chip.....i think it mite be by ati...im not sure though

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information