Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New to modding

New to modding

Alright I am new to modding I have built compouters before but have never done anything with the case besides adding fans.
    I have seen several cases that have had jet like front intakes and my idea is basically building off of these cases.
    I want to make the whole front jet intake but have actually in a cowl ( I think this is what it is called) not only that I have an idea (that is kind of hard to describe at the moment) of how to integrate heat sinks to cool the incoming air without disrupting the air flow. I plan on making my own fan using an electric engine from a rc airplane (with a fan control of course). I will also have two smaller fans of the same design on the sides slightly above the front intake these fans will be angled in towards the gpu and cpu they will resemble intakes that one would see on a car. The side fans will probably be the hardest part to shape to the case, but since I am building the case from scratch I will probably build the removable sides around them. The back will sucking out all the air not exactly sure how fast I want the exhaust fans to be so suggestions would be nice. For the top of the case I was thinking of having maybe 6 80mm fans in two touching rows of three pushing air down. My goal would be to have what basically would be a wind tunnel in my pc.

I would like to know if this idea sounds plausible and worth doing

New to modding

I would put up a picture but I am having trouble uploading from google sketch pad

Master Modder

New to modding

i just want to point out before i start, heat rising so with the 80mm on top maybe make them exhaust.....just a thought there, anyhow sounds like a real good idea, have you got a case to start with? like a chasis or are you building it from the ground up???

New to modding

ground up everything from scratch
    thanks for the idea about the top being an exhaust

New to modding

thinking of putting in a Thermoelectric Cooler on the top instead of the other fans

Master Modder

New to modding

could be an idea :P so have you got a sketchup or pen to paper idea??? cos id really like to see :P

New to modding

I have a basic case design in google sketch but am having trouble uploading the image I had never used the program before so it is a little sloppy as well but if you could tell me how to get it online I will do as soon as I get the message

Master Modder

New to modding

ok, why not try a print screen???

New to modding

finally got pictures

New to modding

these are just basic plans, and it was my first attempt at using this program.

I probably wont have real pictures until this summer because I do not have the funds yet, but I will start I new discussion at that time

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information