Thread: stacking graphics cards

stacking graphics cards

what can you tell me about stacking graphics cards
    what would be better to do? Get two XFX GeForce 8600 GTS, or one evga 8800 GTX, or even 2 MIS 8600 GTS
    cause they are all about the same price once you get into pultiples

stacking graphics cards

Id say running two lower end graphic cards is better than 1 higher end because it splits the work between the two so they dont have to work as hard, while the single high end card gets all the work.

But first off make sure you can run both cards at the same time, and when you get them make sure you get the SLI connector thingy that allows you to connect them together.

stacking graphics cards

thanks for the input
    is there a certain program or anything like that needed to sink the cards

stacking graphics cards

You only need to install the SLi drivers instead of normal ones (as far as I was reading on the net..)

Master Modder

stacking graphics cards

The drivers are in the ForceWare drivers from nVidia for SLI. You don't have to do anything special for setting up SLI. I'm running two 6800XT's and run the latest drivers from nVidia and it will ask you if you want to run SLI or not. Then you just click on the yes or no button that is supplied and that is all you have to do. It does the rest automatically. It will know if you have 2 graphic cards or not. Happy Modding to ya.

stacking graphics cards

You would be better off performance wise if you selected the one higher end card over the two lower end cards. Running an 8600 SLI setup is better than running a single 8600, but I doubt the 8600 can compete with the current release of the 8800GTS (G92) let alone a GTX.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxPower View Post
    what can you tell me about stacking graphics cards
    what would be better to do? Get two XFX GeForce 8600 GTS, or one evga 8800 GTX, or even 2 MIS 8600 GTS
    cause they are all about the same price once you get into pultiples
    You honestly don't need two cards unless you're a hardcore gamer with a shitload of money. Unless you want to play with absolutely everything on Ultra [Unnecessarily] High settings with an FPS of 200, don't bother. Get a good card, and forget wasting your money on a whole motherboard.

stacking graphics cards runs with low power and works slow, graphic card is better then stacking card

Thread Information