Thread: Problem with Switchboard

Master Modder

Problem with Switchboard

Today I did a Killdisk to the C: drive and reinstalled XP. I got everything installed and it's running quite well. However, when I clicked on IE it came up and at the bottom of the page it said that it was connected to 207.4098.355. and so forth. It never showed the web page. I then installed Firefox and then installed my bookmarks. When I click on my bookmark to go to MI the page came up and it said that I needed to install Flash and I click on it to install, it started to get the program but never got there, so I canceled that. When I went to forums on MI it would go there but when I clicked on a new posting it would go there but none of the sigs showed up and if there where any photos to be see they didn't come up either. Posting this message will require me to submit and then it will come up and tell me that it submitted my posting and then give me the option to go to see my message or another place and it will just sit there it won't take me back to my message. I have to click on the Modders-Inc.com Forum Index to get me back. It is really strange how this is working for me. I have trouble going to other sites such as when I use the Tools in Firefox to go get some extensions it says that it going after them but it never gets there. It comes up and tells me that it timed-out. Any ideas on what is going on with this setup? Happy Modding to ya.

Clear Coat

Problem with Switchboard

sounds like issues with your connection, dropping packets or something... run a ping command to modders inc, and compare it to a ping on your local network (one of your other computers) and then one more to a site that works fine (if there are any)....

Thats about the extent of my network diagnosis skills. hope it helps.

Master Modder

Problem with Switchboard

I have 2 computers hooked to my KVM switch and all the other computers in the network are working just fine. It's just Switchboard and the Network Internet Connection is on the mobo, maybe I should try a PCI NIC. Happy Modding to ya.

Clear Coat

Problem with Switchboard

yeah.... sounds like a good idea.

Thread Information