Thread: Pirates Chest

Pirates Chest

I haven't gotten to mod anything of my own in awhile. I know I asked you guys a while ago about a chest, that idea is still on hold this is just a small mod.

I bought a external HDD enclosure, a Kingwin SATA/USB with fan.
    Seen here: http://www.xoxide.com/kingwin-jet-esata-enclosure.html

I added a extra hole for air to get in and am going to make a few more for air to get out.

Here is a shot of where one end of the fan opens.

Now I want your opinion, I'm calling it the Pirate Chest (because lets face it its going to be full of pirated items :spy.

Do I paint it gold and add fake jewels to the outside or keep it black and paint a Jolly Roger on the side?

I also thought about getting some wood grain vinyl and making it look like a wood chest or modern pirate with carbon fiber vinyl.

Master Modder

Pirates Chest

I like the idea of a wooden chest and make it look old and worn and then you can put some gold coins and jewels around it and make a cover with hinges and then have some jewels and coins inside of the cover. Happy Modding to ya.

Pirates Chest

Wood sounds good, but I don't know about jewels. Unless you're talking about glass jewels; they would work okay. The "space pirate" thing with carbon fiber sounds cool, but just a jolly rogers seems too simple.

Pirates Chest

I have this on other sites. The consensus is make it in a wooden chest. I think I'm going to take the guts out and install them in a hand made chest.

This was suggested also

I may do something similar.

Wet Sanded

Pirates Chest

Word yo're looking for is consensus, conscience is like knowing right from wrong...
    Mega Blocks has a fancy pirates chest for cheap (I used to work at Toys R Us). You could bondo the parts you don't like and spookify as necessary.

Pirates Chest

//offtopic :P
    ...spookify...
    lol that word sounds so cool :mrgreen:

Master Modder

Pirates Chest

That's on the order I was talking about but my idea was more on the order of a old pirates chest but that one looks cool also. Good luck on what ever you do. Happy Modding to ya.

Pirates Chest

Word yo're looking for is consensus, conscience is like knowing right from wrong...
    Mega Blocks has a fancy pirates chest for cheap (I used to work at Toys R Us). You could bondo the parts you don't like and spookify as necessary.
    Thanks for the help....

I'm going to go to looking for stuff I need this evening. Hopefully get a few update pictures posted.

Thread Information