Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The crap hit the fan

Master Modder

The crap hit the fan

Last night I had to do a reset on my router. So when it finished with it reboot I wasn't able to get online. I called the company and they had me do a few things and they ended up telling me to send it back to them and a RMA will be sent to me. So I proceeded to change around the cables so that I could at least get me RMA by way of my email address. I wasn't able to get online even if I was hooked up to the modem by myself. So this morning I went to Charter and told them about not being able to get online by way of the modem. I came home with a new modem. So now I hook up the modem and I'm able to get online but even with my switch or my 802.11b router, I've not been able to get them to work with this modem. So now I have to unplug and plug in a computer when the wife or my mother wants to go on line now. So today has been a tough on for me. I'm just getting on and it's 8:15pm and I'm so tired now. So any ideas on how I can make this easier on me sure would be helpful. It's sure does make it tough getting the news out that's for sure. Happy Modding to ya.

The crap hit the fan

I'm sorry to hear that, Em3
    .. Dont worry about it tonight, get some rest, and I'm sure that the folks here will have some ideas for you

The crap hit the fan

Do you know if they took the MAC address from the router before they gave it to you? Did you call them and give them the MAC address?

How is the modem connected to the network? Cable from the wall to the modem>cable from the modem to the WAN>cable from the LAN to the router?

Make sure that you reset the router back to the factory defaults.

Power off the modem and any other network item. Power up in order Modem>Router>Switch.

One last thing is that SOMETIMES you have to set the router to "copy the MAC address of the modem"...had that happen to us at a LAN party once, just about drove us nuts until we called the Cable Company.

hmmm thats about all I can think of right now.

Master Modder

The crap hit the fan

Thanks for the help, AF and DB. I did make the call for the MAC address and I have unplugged all of the equipment to reset them. It is hooked up from wall to cable, to modem, to router then to computers. I've taken the switch out for the moment so that I can get the other stuff working first. This morning was a morning that isn't the best for me. My brother-in-law is being scoped in the morning due to bleeding internally and they have to find where and get it stopped and healed so that they can start on the Avastin. The Avastin will cause him to bleed out if there are any open areas on the body and they wouldn't be able to stop it they tell us. Then we are under a tornado watch this morning and my wife starts taking this stuff to clean her out for a scoping of the intestine tomorrow, so today is just crap for me and my wife. Keep us in your prayers please. Happy Modding to ya.

The crap hit the fan

The router is a single port? And without the switch one device works? If so bad switch.

The crap hit the fan

What he said, lol. As far as you and your family are concerned, you will be in my prayers.

Master Modder

The crap hit the fan

I got it all fixed. It was the modem that was causing the problem. Have a new one installed and I'm back up and running as of today the 7th of Feb. The past few days has been one of those that you want to pull your hair out. Thanks to tech support from the company of my router we got the problem figured out. We had the router RMAed at one point but today we canceled the RMA and got the whole system corrected. Happy Modding to ya.

The crap hit the fan

Glad to hear that things are working out for you.

The crap hit the fan

I'm glad you got it fixed. It really is a pain when your internet connection gets messed up.

Master Modder

The crap hit the fan

Thanks bsl and Twitch. I'm so glad that it's back up and running. I have spent the past 2-3 days trying to get it to work but I did finally get it. Happy Modding to ya.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information