Thread: Mod Idea's

Mod Idea's

Hey all, I got a question for all you modding experts. Above are 2 picks from my case and i'm in a delima. I have a PA 120.2 Rad that was trying to mount up top, but it turns out that the PA 120.2 is actually a good half inch thicker then the BI2 i saw used in the same case. So my question is... Do any of you have any idea's to mold/mod something on top the case to mount rad and have it look sweet at the same time? Open to anything. I've build many computer, but never modded any, but I want to learn... that's why i'm here Also, I can post more specs/pics if need be.

Thanks,
    ~Maxiius

Mod Idea's

First off.........Welcome to modders-inc
    Second......Sweeeeet Mod

Mod Idea's

Well from what I can see in your pics. It looks like the top of your case looks like this.

So why not go ahead and use the rad and do this.

The center rise would be a bevel leading up to the height that the rad sticks out the top of the case. Would match how the sides come down. Should actually look pretty decent like that and you could hide your fittings under the bevel.

Mod Idea's

I would also think of reversing the profile... unsted of dishing in you could dish it out to gain hieght you need.
    so it would look like this - ___/-------------____

Mod Idea's

I would also think of reversing the profile... unsted of dishing in you could dish it out to gain hieght you need.
    so it would look like this - ___/-------------____
    That's actually what I might/have to do. If I do, do it like that, then I would mold and make something for the sides of the rad so it wouldn't just a big rad sticking up top the case. Could make/mold something on the all 4 sides at like a 45 degree angle and toss some lighting under the angles to give it an effect. I'll post some pic's tonight of the idea I have in mind and maybe yall could let me know how difficult it would be to do. But like I said, this is my first mod ever, not sure what tools I need besides a dremel. My dad's a mechanic so I got lots tools at my disposal. Thanks for all the input so far

~Maxiius

Master Modder

Mod Idea's

Maybe go to a auto junk yard and find a hood scoop and cut it out and mod to fit your rad. A fan or two set just inside the opening with lights should give a nice effect. Just an idea because after all it's your mod, thanks for letting us give ideas. :idea:

Thread Information