Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Concerning Radioshack

Concerning Radioshack

Just a rant about Radio shack. The other day when I was searching high and low for a 120mm fan to install in my power supply, I became desperate and gave Radio shack a call. Now I will illustrate the reason why I avoid this place any time that I can. Rather than drive across town to check in person I decided to call. The counter clerk answered the phone and I asked if they had any 120mm fans with a two pin connector. Her response: "Pins? All of our fans have wires coming off of them." That kind of caught me off guard. So I asked if they just had any 120mm fans.. she went to look.. and she told me they had 12 and 115...it took me a moment to realize it, but she was reading the voltages off the fan stickers. I politely excused myself from the phone call and moved on to other sources. Now I'm not picking at her because she didn't know a millimeter from a volt (we've all been there at some point, myself included). Though I am greatly concerned by the apparent lack of training of radio shack employees. I mean, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but shouldn't a sales clerk have at least a passing familiarity with the merchandise being sold in the establishment in which they are working?

Concerning Radioshack

I agree, in most radioshack stores I've been to they have people that know what they are talking about, but i mean come on most fans i've purchased said their size right on the front of the packaging.

Normally i'd call the next day and talk to the manager and tell them hey "this person made a mistake, you should probably tell her to get familiar with the products better so she doesnt miss-inform any more customer's"

Clear Coat

Concerning Radioshack

.. LOL. I have been in radioshacks, and the people had horrible problems converting between inches and centimeters. I was like "I need an 80mm fan" and they had to go on the shop computer and figure out that that meant about 3 inches.

Concerning Radioshack

I avoid radioshack at all costs. I haven't had too many problems with their personnel, I just don't like their prices or their selection.

Clear Coat

Concerning Radioshack

Oh yeah... but sometimes it cant be avoided. Because BestBuy doesnt have quite the component selection for small electronics, and I cant walk/bike out to any of the better stores. :/ Plus they are quite good at having 8mm tape for school video project emergencies.

Concerning Radioshack

RS is good when you need a small part (like a switch or resistor) right now and can't afford to wait.

Master Modder

Concerning Radioshack

As long as you know what to look for. To many times have I gone there and have the salesperson not understand what I'm looking for. Happy Modding to ya.

Master Modder

Concerning Radioshack

hm....sounds like this radio shack place is like the uks store.....maplin electronic lol there is people in there who have no idea what the stuff is they are selling...you ask them sumit they are like "well er i duno" and thats just plain anoyin n to top it off, i try for a job there and get turned away! stupid just stupid! sorry but i would of had ago at that lady and sed to her straight that if she had no idea to ask her manager or sumit, its commen sense man! damn......glad i got that out :P

Concerning Radioshack

The exact thing happened to me

Concerning Radioshack

I must be among the luck ones, There is a guy that works at my local RS that knows what he is talking about. I look for him or ask when I need something. If he is not working I ask when he is, I will call back later. Not to say the rest of the employees don't have a clue, its just easier when he is on the other end of the phone.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information