Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brother-in-law

Master Modder

Brother-in-law

My sister's husband has a brain tumor and they have been working on him with a experimental drug that is not approved by the FDA but it has had some great results. However we have been hoping and praying that this will reverse the size of the tumor which when found is was the size of a hard ball. It's a fast growing tumor and they have been able to stop the growth but they haven't been able to shrink it. We got word tonight that they are getting him ready for hospice. They think it will be a week before he's gone, so I'm heading to Denver Friday along with my mother and older brother. So I'll be gone for at least a week maybe 10 days. So keep your prayers going for us please. Happy Modding to ya.

Brother-in-law

I will pray for you and your family. It's very hard to lose a family member.

Master Modder

Brother-in-law

Just got off the phone with my sister. The Dr's and my sister have talked and a treatment has been agreed upon. So all life preserving measures are going to be stopped. Only comfort measures are going to be given. She was told that he may live something on the order of a week to 10 days. So we won't be going to Denver on Friday. We will stay home until we receive a call from my sister. So that could be anytime within the next 10 days or so. Happy Modding to ya.

Brother-in-law

We'll be praying for your family. It's really a bad situation to lose a family member. But as said, the prayers of me and mine are with you and yours.

Master Modder

Brother-in-law

Thank you Twitch, your right about losing a family member and I don't envy my sister having to wait not knowing when it's going to happen. He was lucid enough 2 days ago where she could talk to him about this med not working and that they were going to stop all treatment and he told her "I love you, Mary Ellen" and he shut his eyes and she told us tonight that he hasn't opened his eyes since then. So he has said his good byes to her and is now getting ready to meet his maker and we have to wait for his body to shut down. I know that my generation are going now, I have some of my friends from high school that has left us and I know that I could go tomorrow but it's still so hard to see a family member to go. Shorty I don't feel like my regular sign off.

Brother-in-law

Will keep your sister, her husband and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

Master Modder

Brother-in-law

Thank you for your support and prayers XcaliburFX. Shorty

Brother-in-law

I will be thinking of you and your family em3
    brings memories of my mother, I was there when she passed away .. don't know if it helped me or not ... rough stuff, no matter what way it goes
    Prayers

Master Modder

Brother-in-law

Thanks for your support and prayers DB. Happy Modding to ya.

Master Modder

Brother-in-law

Vann died last night. My sister said that she was going to cremate him and then take him home with her. She also said that there is a snow storm going on right now that would make traveling a problem and then another storm that was to be there in 3 days which would catch me just getting there and then I would be stuck there until who knows when. Mary suggested that we don't make the drive because she didn't have the room at here house and that we would have to stay at a hotel for who knows how long. So we are not going to Denver. At least Vann isn't sick anymore and he's home now with his father. Happy Modding to ya.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information