Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Where to get 1 thick Acrylic or Lexan

Where to get 1 thick Acrylic or Lexan

Hey all i've been in modding for a few years. I was a member of TwistedMods.com which I think their site has be taken down or something. So I found this site while googling.

I'm looking for Medium size sheets of 1" thick Acrylic or Lexan. I don't wish to order online. I know Home Depot has Lexan and Acrylic but don't recall seeing 1" thick pieces or sheets of it there. Location is KS so any where around KS/MO would be great. Thanks all.

Master Modder

you could double sheets up?

I think they only sell the thing sheets here, i've never seen the thicker sheets.

Master Modder

where abouts are you then? uk, US?? see i use B&Q does the job fine, only other thing i can think of is online...why are you against online buying?

I'm in US, not against online buying. Was just thinking that the shipping for a large sheet would be alot. Depending on where i boughtit from, and the possibility of it being damaged in shipping. Never have bought something like that online and had it shipped.

Master Modder

best to talk to af or em3 i guess anyways as im in the uk matey although if you did buy online i would buy in small sheets instead of one big sheet, maybe if u ask a retailer if the can cut it into smaller sizes for shipping they might do that for you??

Cool thanks for the info. I been down on modding lately just due to funds, but as we all know modding isn't by all means cheap.

My first mod ever was a custom built case I did. Use a old eMachines 333ID tower inner frame. Bought some plexi at the time, didn't know about acrylic or lexan. And i frabricated my panels out of it using a Dremel xpr400. Worked great untill i needed a bigger and better pc for gaming.

I replied to your PM.

1 inch LEXAN... $$$$$

4'x8' 1/4 thick piece can be as much as $250 so you can kind of figure what a 1" thick piece would be.

You would be best talking to a local sign shop and asking them who they buy their plastics and acrylics through.

In Dallas, we have either Regal Plastics or Allied Plastics. 1" thick is going to be insanely expensive *and* heavy, be prepared.

Ok, I was way off in that photo lol. I was guessing what AF used in his lucid dream to be close to 1" but man was i wrong.

What thickness is best to be able to screw screws into from the side. For examply you got a side piece and a bottom piece. Wanting to screw the side piece into the bottom piece.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information