Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: need help with cooling down my X1900XTX

need help with cooling down my X1900XTX

I need something to cool down my card...After a while of playing it gets 70 - something degrees.....

I will even go with an Koolance external thing.....But does anyone no of anything that will cool it down nicly......as if i were to overclock..

IDK that much about water cooling....

Artic cooling or Zalman are two choices for air cooled. I heard the thermatake big tide(I think its called that) Is a closed Watercooling system for your GPU.

Hang tight there. I am sure Sheldog23 has some info that should help you out.

I JUST read an article about the KuFormula VF1 Plus...Might want to check it out im not sure if its out in the market yet though.

The VF900-Cu cooler from Zalman works great! I have seen people post up that they had a 30C temp drop. thats insane. My results weren't that great on my X1800XT but it runs a bit hotter. I have heard good thing about the artic coolers too. BTW 70ish for those coolers at a max temp is normal. Scary right?

I should be getting a blizzard cooler for my X1900XTX pretty soon. It's basically the thermaltake all in one WCing solution. I will let you know how that works out.

have you tried taking the HS off and puttin artic silver on? On mine I also adjusted the fan speed with ATI tool so it kick in to high speed faster.

OOO.Tell me how the blizzard works...(just wish that i got the single slot card made for blzzard lol) but also...should i take the cooler off and put sum arctic silver????

OOO.Tell me how the blizzard works...(just wish that i got the single slot card made for blzzard lol) but also...should i take the cooler off and put sum arctic silver????
    Not sure how the blizard works, or how well. I assume its a little pump with a watercooling loop that goes through a tiny radiator.

here is a pic.

It doesn't matter if you have a duel slot or single slot card as you have to take the cooler off to put on the Blizzard no matter.

The stock paste that comes on the stock coolers is usually cheap. If you are not happy with your temps I would try to take off the stock cooler and apply some AS5. It might only drop a few degrees but hey its something. This will also give you a chance to see if they mounted the cooler correctly.

Are you running the fan at the stock ramp up speeds? If so I highly recommend using ati tool to manage fan speeds.

i cant get ATITOOL to let me see the fan stuff how do i do it???

click on settings then Fan Control. the check mark the overide fan speeds and put in your own values.

Lol, 3 slot cooler.

I say to go with one of the Accelero coolers, or a nice Aqua Computer X1800 block. It's only a single slot.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information