Thread: HELP!

Lately I've been having issues connecting to specific websites, and I know the sites are up as they are usually up 24/7 without being taken down for maintenance and right now isnt the time when they maintain the site

my PC acts as if the site doesnt exist or as if I'm not connected to the internet, I've tried deleteing cookies and suck from my browsing history with no luck and its a cross browser thing leading me to thing it has to do with my ISP or router itself....

I havent done anything different and I havent downloaded or updated anything within the past week.

Anyone know whats going on?

Turn off all the equipment (your PC, router, modem and stuff like that) and if the problem persists.. try searcing for trojans/viruses/worms/adware (or malware)

Clear Coat

Like Dex said, make sure you dont have any malicious software.

If the problem persists, then try changing your DNS server. Go into your router (or the computer if its direct connection) and check the current DNS server IP addresses. Write those down, and then go to . Follow the directions there to set up your device with their DNS servers. (Dont bother setting up an account for now.) Even if that doesn't solve your problem, they are usually a bit faster than your ISP's DNS servers.

If you want to be sure that it is a DNS error, find a computer that can connect to the sites you are having issues with, and open a command prompt. Type "ping", then wait for the ping command to work, and it should say "pinging []" that IP address in the brackets is the website. You can then take that number and type that directly into the browser's address bar. If the IP address works, but the URL ( doesnt, something in your DNS/NAT system is messed up, and switching DNS servers should work.

Also check your Security Settings for what sites your allowed to view. Make sure nothing has changed there either.

nothing turned up in my virus/spyware ect scans and i checked everything, So i just restarted the computer then used firefox first and it worked, I'm confused, but at least its woring now.

...then used firefox first and it worked...
    Good ol' Firefox
    Glad to hear that you got it all fixed

Thread Information