Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Project will be fun

New Project will be fun

I had a awsome find today. Found a nice Shuttle PC today. Doesn't power on though which is only down fall so i'll have to start with the basics on trouble shooting. But since it doesn't power on and I told my boss that when I asked how much he wanted for it. The answer was 20 BUCKS!!! 20 bucks for a Shuttle PC with mobo and everything. Aside that it doesn't turn on but hey 20 bucks. The case alone cost well over that.

I will indeed be painting it, the silvery color is all scratched to hell. So I will end up gutting it and painting the cover atleast if not the whole thing. The other guy at work looked at it awhile back and was gonna purchase it for a Media pc but decided not to. So I was like well can I buy it instead sure he said. So woot I get my first Shuttle PC . I'll try to get some pics of it in its current state for you all to see before I decide to gut it and start work on it.

Master Modder

New Project will be fun

Outstanding find for $20.00. I'll look forward to seeing the photos of the before and after. Happy Modding to ya.

New Project will be fun

Its got a 200 watt PSU, and stuff. So idk all what i'm going to do yet to it. Haven't decided on a color for it but i'm open to suggestions. It should be fairly easy to sand down the cover since its small.

Master Modder

New Project will be fun

pictures!!!!! pictures!!! omg pictures i want some pictures man....nice find :P ur well lucky

Master Modder

New Project will be fun

Before I could suggest any color I need to see the unit so I can see what the lines look like. Some colors just don't look good on some lines. Happy Modding to ya.

New Project will be fun

Alright i'll try to snap some pics tomorrow. Probably won't be till sometime tomorrow night till i get them when i get home from work. I was hoping to pick up the unit tomorrow but i may have to wait till monday to bring it home. But its on my bench at work, maybe i'll get lucky and get it running if i have time to work on it at work.

I thought about Black and a blue but i'm not sure. My other pc i use to game is black. The HP i on now is like silver and black so its a tough decision. Its one of the tighter shuttle pc's so there won't be too much i can mod to make room. Unless i mod the shell and make it a little taller by a inch or two. But i don't really wanna do that.

I'd however like to maybe add some Blue lights or something. I've always been a fan of the Blue CCFL's, as i own one and own a few blue 80mm fans too. Not to mention my razer copperhead is blue.

So if anyone knows of some sites i can check out already modded Shuttles that would be great to get some ideas going. Thanks Alot again guys for the insperation and such a great community.

New Project will be fun

Most shuttles are anodized, and you have to do special treatment on those before painting. You'll have to sand the crap out of it to get those scratches out anyway.

New Project will be fun

I may just replac the cover with some Lexan. like cut off the part that screws in or something. And scew it to the lexan. Sound like a idea?

New Project will be fun

That does sound like an interesting idea. If you use thin lexan, you could even bend the back edges and screw the lexan directly to the frame The only problem I can think of is the tabs that hold the front and bottom down. Do you know what model number the case/pc is? My suggestions may only apply to my shuttle.

New Project will be fun

WOW! whatta-bargain!hehehehehe.... obviously your boss doesn't know much about shuttles....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information