Thread: how do i remove...

how do i remove...

the purple hard drive locking devices without ruining it?!? i need to know ASAP!!

Clear Coat

how do i remove...

A Dremel/Hacksaw/Drill/Sledgehammer... :twisted:

how do i remove...

Yea try a dremel. Antec puts those in their cases also now. Mine has them and sometime i think they are more trouble than they are worth.

how do i remove...

while tool-less drives are easy, I dont trust the darn things, mainly because I have no clue how well it holds the drives compared to your basic screw

how do i remove...

Braveheart, most of the time there is a plastic release clip on the inside of the bay that you can push and remove them. (much like the clips you push to remove the front panels from cd drives etc) On the John Deere case I did, that is how that setup was removed and put back on after painting. Look carefully before you decide, sometimes the release is very easy. Or if you are not going to need the clips ever again, then dremel them, but do that carefully too, as you wouldn't want to cut up the cage.

how do i remove...

That is a Cooler Master case right?

Move the click all the way to tie left until it hits the metal tab sticking up. Take a screw driver and slightly lift up on the edge that is against the tab. Continue to slide the clip to the left until the notches in the locking latch line up with the other tabs along the bracket. Once you get to this point you will see what I am talking.

There you go the latch is loose. To install just place it back into the grooves and slide it to the right.

how do i remove...

That is a Cooler Master case right?

Move the click all the way to tie left until it hits the metal tab sticking up. Take a screw driver and slightly lift up on the edge that is against the tab. Continue to slide the clip to the left until the notches in the locking latch line up with the other tabs along the bracket. Once you get to this point you will see what I am talking.

There you go the latch is loose. To install just place it back into the grooves and slide it to the right.
    :!: THANK YOU! i was just about to go drill those away, you just saved my case!

how do i remove...

tabs!!that was the word I was trying so hard to think of lol. although I know nothing about coolermaster cases Yet! lol.

Thread Information