Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I've got pictures of stock rig.

I've got pictures of stock rig.

I got pictures anyone got a place i can post them?

www.pictiger.com
    www.flickr.com
    www.photobucket.com

Those are just a few of the myriad photo hosting sites. Just get an account (or two) with one (or more) of them, and upload away. If you work on multiple projects at the same time I recommend multiple accounts, as things can get messy rather quickly, and then you have to hunt through 18 pages of pictures to find what you're looking for. It's not fun. Trust me.

K thanks. I'm uploading photos now of it stock, it shows the blimishes to the case. And the work i'll be doing.

Heres the photos, please comment on tips to mod and any tips. Also as to weather or not i should sandblast the paint since case is made of steel.

Master Modder

Nice, yes sir, that is going to be one sweet little unit to mod. Wish I could be there to help you. Happy Modding to ya.

Any idea's on best way to sand the paint off? Hard part is the letters they are intended. Thought of using sand blaster because i have access to one. But not sure if that would be good or not. The case cover is made of steel.

You can use bondo or spot filler to fill in the letters if you choose to leave the panels intact, or you can remove the embossed letters entirely and put in windows, maybe with a fan or two. Xcaliburfx has used a sandblaster to remove paint. You can ask him about it, or he may come here .

Ok. Yea i wanna keep the letter's. I like how it says Shuttle on the side. What i'm thinking about doing is Sand blasting the case if i can just the cover. Then maybe cutting out the inside of the letters and putting a thing 1/8 piece of acrlic behind them, and lighting it up blue maybe. Not sure on that part yet. But i got some ideas in mind.

I did some research on sandblasting and I learned that it can damage/stretch/bend the panels if they're too thin. Media blasting sounds like a better bet. It uses small plastic pellets at a lower psi to remove the paint, so it won't damage the panels. I can't get a good feel for the thickness of those panels by looking at them, so you'll have to be the judge. I'm pretty sure that most sand blasters will also spray media with some adjustments, but I may be mistaken.

Master Modder

erm...just get sum auto paint stripper

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information