Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cool, kinda creepy, DARPA project

Cool, kinda creepy, DARPA project

This stuff just keeps getting more and more futuristic ...
    ... you may be seeing what may be the next ROV for the army

Kinda creepy watching "living" movement from something thats obviously not alive

The software is the real challenge in that thing. Now to make it stop buzzing.

I suspect that's a 2 stroke gas motor to power the hydraulics, it is a test bed and I bet you wont be able to hear the finished product so readily

Master Modder

You can bet your bottom dollar that they will have that thing no louder than a soldier going through the woods and most likely less than that. Happy Modding to ya.

I've been watching this project for two years or so and really havent seen much improvement. or change to the unit

I noticed a few major issue's that would pop up, that the Big Dog unit would probably face..... such as ice the big dog's weight+its small footprint may cause too much stress on ice and may fall thru, same thing with swamps and deep snow.

There is also cost and how it would be transported. Not many people realize how cramped it is in transport vehicles, so they would most likely have to rig up a special trailer for it.

Finally will it withstand enemy fire? sure they show it walking around various terrain, yet I have yet to see it with any armor, or it being shot at.

That may be true, but it's also true that research is not wasted ... you can never tell where what your working on will end up helping ..
    Niels Bohr's quantum physics, is not something that many think have everyday practical applications, but the transistor, and all that those things transistors make possable, are based on it

I agree that the research wasnt wasted, but I would like to see the unit do more than climb hills, walk around different terrain and get kicked.

I agree that the research wasnt wasted, but I would like to see the unit do more than climb hills, walk around different terrain and get kicked.
    Yeah but those are the basics

I was really impressed when I saw the part on ice when it nearly fell.. Even normal dogs will fall on that surface

Master Modder

gotta say that is cool i want one lol would be even better if it had a head though.....lol

gotta say that is cool i want one lol would be even better if it had a head though.....lol
    Its head will either be an anti-infantry and anti-tank turret or a table for carrying wounded from the battlefield.. At least that's what I think, if the sensors are going to be superfast, it'll even be able to dodge a few bullets

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information