Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Clear Coat and Spray Dust Question

Clear Coat and Spray Dust Question

Got a quick question. I have some clear coat spray thats by Krylon. The paint i'm using is Krylon Fusion, i didn't see a clear coat in Krylon Fusion. Would it be safe to Spray Krylon clear coat over Krylon Fusion?

Also on the top cover i got what feels to be over spray dust. Is there a way to remove that safely with out screwing up paint job?

Master Modder

test it first on a scrap bit

Ok. Is there a way to get rid of over spray dust or anything?

Clear Coat

1000 and up sandpaper (used wet) should work, but only if you clear coat over it.

Master Modder

To get rid of that over spray feel you'll be able to get rid of it with the spraying of the clear coat after you give it a rub down with a 1200 grit paper and then the spraying of the clear coat. That will get rid of the over spray feel. You also shouldn't have any problem with the clear coat that you have with the Fusion as long as you have given the Fusion plenty of drying time. You should have given it plenty of time if you are able to do the rub down with the 1200 grit. This rub down won't screw up your paint job with the Fusion, it will only prepare the paint job for the clear coat. I'm looking forward to seeing this! Happy Modding to ya.

Hmm ok, where is best place to find 1200grit. The highest i got is 220 grit.

Master Modder

I've gotten mine here at the local Wal-Mart store. Or you should be able to find it a Lowe's or Home Depot. Happy Modding to ya.

Master Modder

if ur in the uk....halfords otherwise wilkos....other than that i duno :P btw....if you are looking for a guide on spraying.....

http://www.modders-inc.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=1389&high light=bmw

will tell you how its all done, and with pictures thank em3 tho......hope this helps ya a lil

Clear Coat

Hardware stores usually stop at 400 unless you have a really full featured one. I found 220-2000 at the Kragen near my house. Most auto parts stores should have a good selection if they sell paint.

I got mine from walmart, its just the walmart brand. So i'll have to look again. Got rid of the over spray feel on the front bezel when i did the touch up. Now after it dries to the touch can i apply the Clear Coat? Or should I sand the surface lightly?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information