Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hawg Wild .... is now a HAWG!!!

Hawg Wild .... is now a HAWG!!!

You guys know my Hawg Wild U.S.A. case? Well, I sold this case a year ago to a local computer store. I just got a call this morning, woke me up actually, and was told they finally sold it. Yep, it sold for $3,500.00!!! Of course they built a nice high powered gaming system in it, but $3,500.00 is like unfreakingbelieveable!!! lol I am still in shock, I know they have a gaming system that they sell on a regular basis that goes for about $2,000 - $2,500 and of course they will not say what they actually made on the case. BUT GEESHHH!! lol

To think my creation is housing a $3,500.00 system!! I just had to post folks, it excited me that much .... not that I will get anything out of it, but the pleasure of knowing someone really liked my work!!

Hawg Wild USA

Master Modder

Outstanding, I bet that store would like some more of your work now. Happy Modding to ya.

That is really amazing. As modders, our perception of what people will pay for a modded case is skewed because we would rather make it ourselves than unload cash. That's really awesome that someone paid that much, though, as it puts a dollar value to that which you already value so much.

8O

Get a contract going with the store if you ask me.

Actually he told me that they wanted something else asap, and that the COD4 case I have under wraps was very appealing to them. Guess I better get started, he asked if I'd have something in a week or two. lol I said not hardly. lol

Tell him to shell out $1000 and you might be able to move mountains for them!!!!

I don't know if I told you this already Vic...but when I first started looking into airbrushing I was really looking into Motorcycles...and at the time I lived in Daytona...I did a flame job for a bike shop down there for like $200...or something ridiculous!

Any way, when I started building my own PC rigs a few years back I found an article about a guy who owned a body shop. He started custom painting some PC's on the side. Well soon he found out more and more people liked what he was doing and eventually closed his body shop and does PC mods only...(can't remeber if he just paints them or does full mods,) any way, thats when I decided I wanted to try to get into PC modding. Only I had no idea the extent people go.

I never dreamed of painting the chasis until I hooked up with Xcalibur! I guess becasue of my background, mostly repair work, I haven't thought much about creative ideas!

People will pay for the right work.

Being an artists I wanted to do something that challenged my ability, and I made some mistakes in my first case I will avoid in the next one.

I think I would have been better off doing the whole case in the rusty metal effect since I was only painting/airbrushing. Then maybe on a later project tackling something more difficult, however I am glad I did it becasue it gave me the confidence to do more since I had never tried anything that hard before.

Any way, my point is, there is a market for it, you just need the right combination! IMO!

Master Modder

You bet there is a market and it's huge. Have fun doing what you like and what you get in terms of the green back is nothing compared to how you feel doing what is fun. Enjoy yourself and if you make something on the side then that's great. Happy Modding to ya.

Well, I went up today and helped install the system for Hawg Wild. Yep, it's a Hawg!! lol Intel Quad 6600, ASUS P5N32-E 680i SLI, 4gb memory, 2 x EVGA 9800 GTX's, 2 x Seagate 500gb hdds, 2 x DVD RW, will also have a TV Tuner/Video Capture setup added once it arrives. That case is slap full!! lol

Here are a few pics of the fun!

Got my big old meat hooks in there tidying up a few wires before I install the two 9800GTXs.

It powered on WoooooT!!!!

First boot screen!!!

Ah!! Hardware detected!!! Coolness!!!

hmmmm??? Is that a Modders Inc Sticker?!?!

Not sure who the big guy with all the gray is!!!

2.jpg" alt="" />

Looking for something else to throw in there?!?! LOL

Ben the one of the owners of this store, ........ umm think he's happy??? lol

Looks Super! You need to post some of those images at modshop in the Hawg profile.

Looks great bud.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information