Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mini-ITX motherboard

Master Modder

Mini-ITX motherboard

I got my package today and I'm tickled pink about it. The cost of the package was only $84 and change. That included shipping and handling. I'm going to show you what that money went to. I've got photos to show you. So the first photo is everything that was in the package.

Now you see my new mini-itx mobo. It will handle up to 1gig of DDR2 PC6400 and that one white slot is a regular PCI slot. Here are a few photos of the mobo with a 120mm fan to give you a reference to size.

Now you know about how big this mobo is. It isn't really that big. Now maybe you are wondering what the black looking box is. It did come in the box. It's a memory card reader for 3.5" drive bay. It plugs onto a USB header on the mobo. Here are some photos of it to show you it size also.

So there you have it. I do have a K-World HDTV capture card for the PCI slot. All that I still need to get for this project is a SATA HDD and some PC6400 DDR2 memory. I can borrow some memory from Switchboard if I want but I still need that SATA HDD and something to put it into. I have everything else to put this into operation. So then this is where it turns into a MOD. I need to build a case which will then go into the worklog section. So once I get situated into Minnesota then you can start to watch for a new worklog project. All ideas and comments are welcomed. Also remember Happy Modding to ya.

Master Modder

Mini-ITX motherboard

kewl! ive always wanted a mini itx board...just cos the so small would work great as a media rig i guess.....have you got any ideas on the case ur going to use or is it a build your own case this time??

Master Modder

Mini-ITX motherboard

This is going to be my (video and audio) editing, email and internet surfing rig. Plus I'll put in my capture card and turn it into a Tivo type machine (Digital Recorder). Then it will be located beside Switchboard which will be it's backup and Switchboard will also be my gaming machine. I have this mini-jeg that my neighbor gave me which would be the perfect size to hold all of the component of this computer. Since it is round in shape I thought that maybe it would make the perfect size of boiler, the type of boiler for a steam locomotive. The idea of a steam locomotive has shown to been the way to go with this mod. So at this time I think I just talked myself into doing a computer inside the boiler of a old fashion steam locomotive. Thinking at this time for the I/O shield to be located inside the cab of the machine. Hope this give all of the information that you requested. Happy Modding to ya.

Master Modder

Mini-ITX motherboard

nice thoughts have you got any pics of the boiler thing?

Mini-ITX motherboard

Sounds cool em3. Where did you get that for so cheap? ive been wanting one to build a dvr box with.

Mini-ITX motherboard

Awesome! I'm excited for this mod. And yeah, where did you pick this all up so cheap?

Mini-ITX motherboard

sweet deal man! You put on of those in just about anything.

Master Modder

Mini-ITX motherboard

Well Gentlemen, this is where I got my Mini-ITX at.
    http://www.short-circuit.com/product/D201GLY2.html
    Hope to see that somebody else is going to get one. After all for the price everybody should get one for a second computer. Happy Modding to ya.

Master Modder

Mini-ITX motherboard

Now I know that I would start a worklog when I started to work on this Mini-ITX board but today some of my parts came in for Switchboard and they aren't working. So I thought I would see if this mobo would fit in a case that I found in my garage. So here are the photos of what I found out if the mobo would fit.

It fits. Even the standoffs are perfect in placement. The mobo isn't suppose to use more than 20watts and the power supply is 70 watts so I should have more than enough power.

Had to take the slot holder off of the capture card because this does require a half height card and I didn't have one but a little modding here and there and it all works just fine so far. Still need some adapters for the 20pin power plug because it's a little short in length and I also need a P4 plug which I have both of these adapters just have to find out where I packed them at this time. So this just might now go any farther that where it is now. lol We'll see what happens. lol Happy Modding to ya.

Mini-ITX motherboard

Cool! So the steam engine idea is ditched?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information