Sapphire wanted another case for E3 again this year. Again giving me NO time to do it justice they wanted a cold theme for another blizzard cooler. This time an all inclusive liquid cooler from thermaltake. After some discussion with Cathy we came up with a glacier theme. So here it is.
This is the side image. The Front, top and back are all going to be plexi as well. Frosted with Fanatics spray can method. I am going to leave the area where the mobo is viewed unfrosted so you can see it clearly.
here is the internal layout of the case.
I am going to have extension cables running from the mobo down the front to a back panel. I will figure that out when I get to it.
Ok so finally some pics. Here is one of the side panels printed and cut out. It is leaning up against the cooler Sapphire wants me to use for the CPU. The case is a bit smaller than I imagined so let's hope all the hardware fits in there.
Speaking of hardware here is a list of what I believe will be in it. Some of it I requested others Sapphire did.
Pure Crossfire PC-A9RD580 MB
2 X1900XTX cards with blizzard cooelrs in X-Fire
74gb WD Raptor
2GB Ram Unknown brand at this time
Pioneer Slim Line DVD with SATA bridge board
So what I did was print out the design onto plexi with my flat bed printer and then coat it with some frog juice (clear coat for ink). Once that was dry I printed a pattern with vinyl and hand cut it on 1/16" polystyrine. This was my guide for the pin router.
Once both sides were cut out I began measureing and cutting the bottom, top, front and back pieces. The top was originally going to be flat but I was feeling ambitious and decided to bend it to the shape.
Some pieces of 3/16" plex
and here we have Mr. bender.
Some pics of the bent pieces. Again sorry for no pics of me doing it. Both myself and Lancer forgot our cameras yesterday.
as you can see the back goes flat there. That is for the 2 -120mm fans that will be mounted there. I also wanted enough room for a radiator. Although this thing isn't going to be watercooled because of all the noobs handleing it I thought I would leave it open for the upgrade option.
You may also notice that there are two pieces there. they will be connected with an Acrylic hinge. The front section will lift up giving whoever the ability to get to the hardware inside, let people take pics, whatever. That was the one complaint about my shiny cube...to hard to take pics of the hardware in it.
The next step was to make some acrylic L-Brackets to assemble the case with. I can weld some of the case together but the sides with the ink on the inside cannot be welded through the ink. So I will have to use screws to attach the sides to the rest of it.
om/45/129672017_66ad7c745a.jpg" alt="" />
before I started glueing things together I wanted to put the holes in the top for the 120mm fans. I did this useing a guide I had left over from Project13.
its basically temporarily taped on so I can cut it out with the pin router. The we trace the holes with the bit.
This is similar to what I did to the sides but that template was more complex.
Then we start welding the L-brackets onto the pieces.
I did that the bottom and the top and started to get unfocused. So I went home and played. It's always better for me to leave before I start to screw things up.
This week I will hopefully get it all put together. and have the Mobo tray put in as well. By then I should have most of the hardware. Then its time for some fancy wiring, Lighting and painting.