Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: p4storm Mod

Master Modder

p4storm Mod

yup thats right ive *finaly* started this.....

PROJECT P4STORM! why did i pick this name? at work one day and read some stuff gave me the idea...and you will come to understand more into the project why it gets the name haha...anyway, ive been very busy trying to do something ive never done before so dont slate it lol na im kidding anyhelp or comments is always welcomed!!! so the first brainstorm......

im sure some of you had a look at this case...won for around £20 in total of ebay!!

get the idea????? keep looking....

hehehe!! yea not bad considering i nearly killed my drill cuting this out....oh and that lil gap at the bottom IS NOT a problem i use fibreglass.....ALOT lol next!!

now doesnt this cd case thing seem like a perfect size....hm.....

some markings.....

boom! what a fit!!! haha now thats using your head :P

told ya that lil gap wasnt a problem

i got that rubber real cheap of a website called kustom pc, great site!! anyway...

after a first sanding we can see it taking shape already,

this had to be done so i could get the holes marked out properly,

anouther coat of fibreglass...

now theres a nice shape....

how am i doing that.....hint hint......

excuse the snow....typical UK weather...lol anyways......

damn that is a nice shape right??

im sure you guessed it yup this is a brill idea on how to get that perfect curve!! wrap your sandpaper around the small spray can and boom away you go!!

next part please!!

what the hell is that???

i do wonder....

hm....

got it yet??? well its the stand of my shaver...yep i may only be 20 but i do have a hairy face!! lol, anyways....

got what im using it for yet.....

i wonder what push thing could go in the center of that....

a switch!!!! whooo ye this is going to be sik!!

time to get rid of those pin holes....this time, using some u-pol bodyfiller paste...

dont knwo if you can see them but, there is loads of pin holes....

this sanding/filling bis is getting repeatative....

haha good idea there :P

anyhow whilst the front was curing again, i decided to get the back 120mm fan hole cut out...oh dear...

anyone kno how im guna sort that?? the greatness of not paying attention.....stupid me i should kno by now!!

well, im leaving this to cure properly then its down to sanding again, looking for pin holes, and sanding again....should be fun well now its onto the side panels.....lets just say....a car bonnet vent will be coming into play

comments and so on welcomed guys!!! oh n if anyone has any ideas put them across!!! later days :P

razer

Master Modder

p4storm Mod

Cut yourself a square piece of metal out that is larger than your fan and pop rivet it over the area where you are wanting your fan to be and start over with the new piece of metal in place. That's one thing that is nice about working on a metal case and that is you are able to fill in mistakes and start over. The front is looking great so far. Keep up with the good work. You can get the back to look just as good as the front, just keep working at it.Happy Modding to ya.

p4storm Mod

Wow, great start! Should be a good one.

Master Modder

p4storm Mod

thanks guys im trying to find some filler primer....i have loads of pin holes and cant seem to get rid of them lol so if anyone knows a online retailers which is in the uk please post a linky!!

em3, thanks for the info i didnt even think of that! will work on that wen i cut out the designer window.......:P hehe yea

p4storm Mod

Awesome, looking great! I love the use of everyday objects, so well done on that one. I agree with Bilko on the back, or you could just take out the grills and install a couple 80's.

Master Modder

p4storm Mod

thanks guys well im getting a doner pc case in a few weeks and im goin to be usin the top part of it to make the new backplate, anyhow....i drew up a design for the side, sumit i have been skeptical about for a while now and it has changed alot lol will post when that is done anyhow.....heres what i had done today,

yup nothing special but i found myself sum putty which i used before on pipeline! well cant complain at that, now correct me if im wrong here but,

seems as its fillin pin holes would i have to sand it lightly??

Master Modder

p4storm Mod

Keep up with the great work. Looking forward to seeing what you have planned for this mod. Happy Modding to ya.

p4storm Mod

That is looking good. I'm just beginning to use bondo-type products, so I'm afraid that I can't be of much use.

Master Modder

p4storm Mod

thanks guys...stil stuck on the sanding mind, but oh well nothing like abit of try and see will let ya know what works best anyways just in case anyone else wants to do it so.....ive done this little rough scrap work....

...so ive never done "lighting strikes" before...first time for everything but im honing my skills for the final one!

later days

p4storm Mod

I'm a bit confused... Did you paint that? Is it an etch? Clarification please.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information