Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: TT Shark Case

TT Shark Case

Ok, folks. Looks like I caught the mod bug again. I got a case from Tech Daddy the other day and I was going to put my kids system in it. It's a thermal take shark case and I had it sitting there at work with me and I kept looking at it and kept thinking that it was a fine case it just needed a little help. So I decided I'd give a go and mod this puppy out a little bit and give it to my son for his birthday. I don't think I'll do anything too fancy just the basics and maybe something a little extra here and there but don't expect anything way out there.

First thing I decided to do was give the ol' chassis a paint job. Before I did that I went ahead and cut out the fan grills that were stock on the chassis and filed them down smooth. Then I prepped the case and painted it with Fire red matthews automotive paint.

Once I had that taken care of I got to thinking about the theme. My kid really is into sharks and it was a shark case after all so I went with it. First of I though I'd put a window in the top. First I cut the shape out and then once I get some time I'll cut the hole.

Here is an idea what it will look like.

The plan is to have a 1/8" black smoked plex window on top with a slight red lip (pictured above) that will go around the window.

While I was cutting Plexi I cut some pieces that matched the shape of the front grill/fin things. I sandwiched them in between and then drilled holes in the back plate at an angle. I'll put individual 3mm red LED's in there and that should give the gill/fin things a bit of a personality.

sorry I didn't have any before pics but I didn't have my camera with me while I was working on this part.

The metal got scratched up a bit when I was fiddling with it. Thats ok though as I plan on making a back cover for the door.

So far I've got plans to redo the window on the case door and do something interesting with the other side of the case as well. The rest I am just thinking of as I go.

TT Shark Case

Looks great so far Shel

Master Modder

TT Shark Case

nice work so far ave what colour is the case itself going to be??

Clear Coat

TT Shark Case

looks awesome

TT Shark Case

nice work so far ave what colour is the case itself going to be??
    I think I'm going to keep the case matte black just subtly accent it with red. For the most part I want to keep it black though.

TT Shark Case

Great to see you back into the swing of modding!

TT Shark Case

I thought I recognized that chassis? Is it aluminum? Its almost identical to the Ultra Aluminus chassis. Glad you are modding again bro....

Master Modder

TT Shark Case

cool the best colour choice out there

TT Shark Case

Nice. That's a sweet paint job and I'm sure that he'll love it.

TT Shark Case

Absolutely Suweet job. I'm a SJ Sharks fan so the coloring should be teal black and white lol.

Go Sharks!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information