Thread: First mod: The Hardwood Dominator

First mod: The Hardwood Dominator

Hi everyone. I just built my first custom computer. I am very happy with how it came out. Let me know what you think.

Though you can't see it in these pics, it also has a sound activated lighting sytem which looks awesome.

The drawer is also lighted when opened so you can see the contents of it easier at night.

I welcome all questions and comments.

ps. the letters BVA on the side of it are my initials.

Clear Coat

Awesome stuff! did you start with a prebuilt unit, or did you fabricate the whole cabinet from scratch?

I started it from scratch. I took some random pictures during the making of it and posted them at the link below.

There is also a video of the lights on that page, not the best quality video but it works.

This thing is HUUUGE

and I like it

Great looking piece of art you have there (no longer a PC mod I suppose? haha )

Forgot to post my specs for this.

Processor : Intel Core 2 Duo E4300 Allendale 1.8GHz LGA 775 65W Dual-Core Processor oc'd @ 3GHz

Ram : 5 gigs pc 6400 ram

4 hd’s: 1 wd 500 gb, 1 wd 160 gb, 2 wd 250 gb in raid 0 for 500 gb. 1160 gig total. All 7200 rpm sata.

Vid card : Radeon X1950PRO 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16.

Board : GIGABYTE GA-965P-DS3

PSU : Rosewill 750 watt power supply

Dvd burner : SAMSUNG 20X DVD±R DVD Burner Black SATA

CPU cooler : ARCTIC COOLING Freezer 7 Pro 92mm CPU Cooler

Cool! I take it that you have previous carpentry experience?

Believe it or

I made this using a jigsaw and a little electric hand sander and a drill. Obviously I also used a hammer and screw driver and tape measure too, but that's it. If I had better tools it would have taken a lot less time.

I just drew some pictures of how I wanted it to look and the layout of all the internal parts and just went from there. One thing led to another and this was the result.

I also entered it into the mod shop battles, you can get more pictures and a lot more info about it there and possible give props if you'd like.

View My Rig Here.

Thread Information