Thread: Sunbeamtech Quarterback Case

Sunbeamtech Quarterback Case

Sunbeamtechs budget case, the Quarterback, is a standard ATX case with some rather interesting features. It has got a unique cooling option called the Core Fan Design that helps keep temperatures down.

Read the Review Here

Master Modder

nice cooling idea but rest of it im not keen on, great review mind!!

Seems like an alright case, not bad for the money. I'm not too hot on the name though. Seems like they could appeal to their audience a little more :P. Also, when I think of a quarterback, I think of a refrigerator, not a smooth, sexy case.

Nice review. i was thinking though, with the way the core fan design is you will barely be taking advantage of the cooling possibilities with the cpu cooler the way it is. Something for you to try:

1. remove the side window fan as it will ruin needed air flow/ direction.

2. keep the case core fan as is.

3. change your cpu cooler to one that is setup for rear exaust ventalation to blow toward the rear of the case such as one like This for $27.

With that setup it will create an almost close suction vaccuum that will yank the used warm air straight from the back of the cpu heatsink fins straight out of the case instead of just blowing the warm air all around your motherboard area.

That will keep your system a little cooler as it does not have all the warm air constantly being recirculated all over it and will drop the cpu temps a bit more than expected due to the rapid removal of the warm air due to the vaccuum created.

Since you removed your side intake fan I would recomend that you throw an intake fan in the front of the case across from your case core fan to compensate for the fresh intake air such as a 5.25 bay drive 3 x 40mm fan intake setup. This way you still have the fresh intake air and it is also keeping the vaccuum functional.

If you have a rear exaust cpu cooler like that one then please try it and let us know how it worked out for you as you should be very happy with the results.

Vashant

Thanks for the input vashant.

1. remove the side window fan as it will ruin needed air flow/ direction.

I agree that this fan is completely unnecessary. If airflow is correct you really shouldn't need it. However, I don't think it will ruin/add anything

2. keep the case core fan as is.
    As I explained in the article, I had to move the core fans due to the hardware. Though the top one basically stayed where it was there is no way I could keep the bottom core fan in with my video card. This is why I went ahead and moved it into the front of the case.

3. change your cpu cooler to one that is setup for rear exaust ventalation to blow toward the rear of the case such as one like This for $27.

With that setup it will create an almost close suction vaccuum that will yank the used warm air straight from the back of the cpu heatsink fins straight out of the case instead of just blowing the warm air all around your motherboard area.

That will keep your system a little cooler as it does not have all the warm air constantly being recirculated all over it and will drop the cpu temps a bit more than expected due to the rapid removal of the warm air due to the vaccuum created.

Since you removed your side intake fan I would recomend that you throw an intake fan in the front of the case across from your case core fan to compensate for the fresh intake air such as a 5.25 bay drive 3 x 40mm fan intake setup. This way you still have the fresh intake air and it is also keeping the vaccuum functional.
    This is essentially what happened. I have a thermalright CPU cooler and although the fan sits on top it is sandwiched between the core and exhaust fan. With the core fan and the rear exhaust fan blowing across it does still channel the air out the back. The problem is with all the air coming in ( front, side and whatever the core fan pulls through the drive bay) and only one way out the exhaust fan couldn't keep up. Even if I threw in a front Bay fan that back fan that wouldn't solve anything as the rear fan still can't keep up.. I would essentially be blowing hot air out of every crack in the case that the air could escape.

My temps do stay lower now that I installed the high CFM fan on the back of the case. I just rev it up when I get ready to game. Keep in mind though that although temps did rise they didn't rise to any point of actually worrying about. Even with the 2C increase they were well below a temperature to worry about.

I think a top exhaust fan would have helped out a lot as well. The flow of the case just wasn't right. A slightly positive fan pressure is okay but that case was overwhelmingly all inward flowing air. I think there needs to be a good balance to keep airflow moving throughout the case.

Cool review Shel, I agree on the airflow needing to be more equal.

Thread Information