Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Green Flame... Finished 8-11-08

Green Flame... Finished 8-11-08

Well, Ultra Sweet has been sitting by the side lines for a little while now. I have been thinking of giving her a face lift for the next event she attends. The idea behind Ultra Sweet (to be renamed for this version of the mod ) was to be able to easily swap out panels and completely change the looks.

With Ultra recently releasing the case for purchase, I feel its time she gets a bit more of a makeover. Been real busy lately just trying to keep up with the work load I have (dealing with the two sites). I have not had a lot of time to play / mod. American Freak and I have been talking about this years trip to a major LAN event. We have been hitting QuakeCon the last few years and thought about changing things up a little this year. After last years deal (we still haven't gotten our $$$ from the contest), we have (or at least I have) had a bit of a sour taste in my mouth from it. We talked about heading to NVIDIA's NVISION 08 event this year to try something new.

So after talking about it a little, I started playing with some ideas for a mod to take down with me. Seeing that this is an NVIDIA event, and seeing that I do run NVIDIA hardware (no I am not a fanboy). I thought why not do like everything else is, and go GREEN. I whipped up a few photochop ideas and started playing with them.

I still love the layout, and functionality of Ultra Sweet, and like the BTX style. So that will all stay the same, I do plan on redoing the entire exterior of the case besides the frame rails. The front, top, and sides will be treated to some Polished Aluminum with a couple of logos that are meant to represent the hardware I am shooting for.

This is just a simple photochop of the case, the Logo's will need to be scaled to the right size and I haven't decided what I am doing on the front quite yet. The sides and top will be done in flames (geared toward BFG's 9800 GX2's). The green will be translucent UV Green plexi that will allow the innards to shine through. Cutting the sides and top are going to be the most challenging part. I am planning on using 1/8" or 3/16" 6061 aluminum and haven't decided if I will attach the plexi to those or attach the plexi to the main frame internally so that there are no extra mounting hardware showing. Lighting will be probably green or white (maybe both) depending on how well things light up.

Awesome bro!!!!!

Green! Woohoo

Master Modder

green!!! one of the best colours and to mix it up with silver!! nice

I spent a little time photoshopping up three of the 5 panels today.

Top Panel

Right Panel

Left Panel

I'm not sure yet what I am doing on the front panel. It will be close to the mockup, but might see a few modifications as well.

Master Modder

looks good so far, guess when you start on the case will look much better mind always like ur work tazz keep it cumin!

That indeed looks pretty awesome. Can't wait for you to start work on it, it should be awesome.

Master Modder

Now that is drooling material. lol Happy Modding to ya.

Umm are you planning on cutting those flames by hand or will you get them CNC'd?

I'm looking into options right now. Worse case scenario is dremeling them

Not sure how well those would work on CNCing, but I am looking into having them cut via laser or waterjet. Will see how bad the pricing is.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information