Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: DarthBeavis Cherry X worklog

Primered

DarthBeavis Cherry X worklog

This is an AMD/ATI, Danger Den, Crucial, Smooth Creations, IZ3d, and Performance PC's sponsored project . . . .

The build's pupose is to showcase the Spider platform and Crossfire X. I am basically building a Ruby-like chick who will be known as Cherry X (Cherry for her red hair and X for Crossfire X). The project will premier at PDXLAN 12 in July

The computer will be housed in a powerpack backpack. Cherry X will have dual plasma weapons that slide over each hand.

Step 1: Aquire the mannequin:

Nice proportions!

Well I got a new tshirt on her (temporary clothing) and got her some cool boots . . .

CPU Killah cooked up a prototype of her power pack. We still have to add a place to mount the GPUS (I have two 15" PCI-E ribbons so they do not have to be right on the mobo).

He will make the unit a bit taller so we can watercool the cpu. The PSU will be mounted in the mannequin. I think we will use a single Feser 240 rad to cool it all (not meant for maximum ocing folks).

He also designed part of the plasma pistols.

Her outfit is finished and on the way to me . . .the belt has a built in Orbital Matrix Typhoon . . .

Wild! looking forward to phase two. I'd make a comment but it would probably be in appropriate and banned for life...

Primered

Danger Den designed the backpack. The final version will probably be UV green.

Clear Coat

O.o wow. love the concept.

Primered

Just got her dressed . . .

Also got red Ballistix Tracer with red spreader, pcb, the LEDS from sponsor Crucial!!!

I just saw Lars and the Real Girl (it's about a guy who falls in love with a life-size woman doll), and this kind of reminds me of it. Is she staying intact, or will components be going inside her? And what of the hair? Ruby has it cropped, so will Cherry follow suit?

Primered

Cherry's hair will stay like that (I think it is sexier than a butchie) . . .Only the PSU goes inside . . .everything else goes in the pack

Love the back pack. Thats a very cool design and the whole thing looks pretty portable. Too bad the PSU isn't attached. It'd be nice to be able to take it off and actually wear it your self while you game. Either that or attach it to the wall next to the monitor, or even better to the back of a large LCD. So many cool ideas from it.

The mannequin though...creepy. If I had that thing set up in my room I'd feel like it was always looking at me...plotting. :?

Primered

The mannequin though...creepy. If I had that thing set up in my room I'd feel like it was always looking at me...plotting. :?
    I have been married for 19 years . . . used to it

LMAO!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information